97' B18B Head Gasket..

dlo253

Gotcha. Lol.. I meant more "how" rather than how often.
But yeah you can do it on your own for under $300, so that is def the way to go. Good luck, lol.

BellyUpFish

Gotcha. Lol.. I meant more "how" rather than how often.
But yeah you can do it on your own for under $300, so that is def the way to go. Good luck, lol.

I'm pretty easy on it.

My go fast toys, for the most part, have V8's. I do have a 4 cylinder that's good for right at 200mph, but that's a whole 'nother thing.

dlo253

Right on, I have an 81 trans am, 4spd with a pretty mean 327. Also have an 84 cutlass with a mild 350.

BellyUpFish

Right on, I have an 81 trans am, 4spd with a pretty mean 327. Also have an 84 cutlass with a mild 350.
Very nice.

I'd love to throw an LS1/6 into the Integra, but she has to blow up before I do that, and then I'd probably just grab an old 240..

I've been kicking around the idea of s head/cam swap on the Integra, but just don't think it'd be worth it without the Vtec, etc.

dlo253

Yeah, it would be much easier to do that in a 240.

Yeah, unless you get a ton of port work, etc, along with fully built bottom end..... you could always go ls/vtec too.

BellyUpFish

The parts you need:
Headgasket
Tbelt
Tensioner
Waterpump

Cost shouldnt be more than ~200 for oem parts.
Where can these be had for ~$200?

I'm looking at:

$250 just for a top end gasket kit..
$82.50 for a tensioner..
$70 for a timing belt..
$115 for a water pump..

These prices are all at Inline Four..

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea I've never seen oem parts that cheap. You can price a Gates timing belt, good quality and might save you some money.

R13

The other asshole
I got my oem top end gaskets for around $150 at oemacuraparts, I literally just did a top end on my car in the last few weeks.

Little tip when installing the new head gasket, Spray the head gasket with copper coat, It helps seal it.

Last edited:

dlo253

Where can these be had for ~$200?

I'm looking at:

$250 just for a top end gasket kit..
$82.50 for a tensioner..
$70 for a timing belt..
$115 for a water pump..

These prices are all at Inline Four..
Inlinfour has fat mark ups! Get ahold of Dennis over at oemacuraparts.com.
He will hook you up, waaaaaay better than il4.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Oemacuraparts always has higher prices when I look. Do you need to ask for a discount, if so that's stupid.