98blackgsr's build thread!!!! a lot of pics, go get a drink..

98blackgsr

98blackgsr's build thread! update 2/2/12

ok guys and gals, i've decided to start a build thread because when winter ends (for those of you who don't have winter as a season, be thankful) and spring begins so will my build. So i just wanted to make a little thread about the life of my teg so far and where it will be going in the very near future.
This is how i bought the car, it was originaly a gsr that the kid turbo'd and blew up so he swapped a fully built ls motor into it.
including:
je pistons 10.5:1
all arp bolts
sleeved
stock bore
stock crank
balanced
blueprinted
brian crower valve springs
brian crower retainers
ferrrea stock sized valves
bronze valve guides
so here it was.

so then i started on the already pretty complete teg, i swapped out the old halos for ccfl, gave it a good cleaning, tinted the tails, added some stickers, and started my wish list.

then i bought another valve cover and whent to work painting it like the japanese rising sun.

then i had my friend bend a piece of sheet metal for my spark plug cover.

then i bought a carbon fiber replica type r spoiler. I LOVE ME SOME CARBON FIBER lol. but after finding it didn't fit..... shocker.... i drilled and filled my trunk so it would.

then i bought a carbon fiber air bag tray and interior overlays. and yes, everything is REAL carbon fiber, fake looks like s*** and i cant stand it.

^ and that was just one page, there were two.
then i wanted fog lights so i bought some fogs, some yellow tint, some h3 yellow hid's, and my front end was complete :)

then i decided to add side marker lights.

and when i got my car, everythig was taken off emblem wise and pluged so i decided to go back to "stock"

and all this time i was building my turbo kit, peice by piece.
getting
brian crower stage 2 turbo cams,
adjustable cam gears,
turbo kit including intercooler,
precision turbo,
turbonetics raptor BOV,
synapsis wastegate,
660cc injectors,
edelbrock victor x intake,
skunk2 70mm throttle body,
aem fuel rail,
AEM underdrive pulley system,
ect...this is my turbo tho :)

and i decided to make a little switch panel for the opening below the radio. once its wired its going to be my front fogs, rear fog, and compressor for my train horn. lol, and yes, thats real carbon fiber my buddy gave me.

so thats pretty much my car. i will update accordingly since i havn't in awhile. thanks for looking!

Updated!!! 2/2/12

so i got some spoon style carbon fiber side miorrors and a carbon fiber hood! also put some eyebrows on and put reflective red tape in the integra inserts.

Last edited:

JemmieN

not a girl lol
i love me some cf... that VC is awesome

Havok114

You would win LOL I'm just going to run stock internals on 10psi from a 57 trim .
Eventually a semi built ls with a 35r on e85 but that's a whole diffrent build

98blackgsr

You would win LOL I'm just going to run stock internals on 10psi from a 57 trim .
Eventually a semi built ls with a 35r on e85 but that's a whole diffrent build
Lol, I was thinking about e85 but the closest place that has it is over 30 min from me. Lol, and I'm thinking 20lbs? Maybe 25 or 30 if my buddy wants to race. He had a bad ass da but traded for a crappy awd dsm. It boost spikes at 20lbs but he keeps telling me hes gunna build it.: eye roll:. We'll see