August Wisconsin Meet

mteg

Automatic Lover
yea i like him to...ive known him for around 3 years, but i would rather go to Kingmotorsports and get my car tuned their just cuz of experience
Idk, I've heard some shady stuff about them. I remember stopping in there when they had their shop in Sullivan, and saw some guy kicking around a box that obviouslly had someones $3500 mugen bodykit. I also heard of someones car getting outsourced to a local shop for suspension work becuase they were overbooked. They def know their stuff, but charge out the ass. I've heard nothing but good stuff about speedquest.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I'm guessing 2 1/2-3 hours. It takes me about an hour to get to the dells/devils lake, and about 1 1/2 hours to drive to SpeedQuest in gurnee. August should be a pretty good time to have the meet. I know I'm going to try to make it up there for this one. Are there any activities planned?
umm.... we could plan some? lol, what are you tihnking?

end005

Idk, I've heard some shady stuff about them. I remember stopping in there when they had their shop in Sullivan, and saw some guy kicking around a box that obviouslly had someones $3500 mugen bodykit. I also heard of someones car getting outsourced to a local shop for suspension work becuase they were overbooked. They def know their stuff, but charge out the ass. I've heard nothing but good stuff about speedquest.
damn its been awhile. Kutch, my brothers and I will try to make it out (db1, ee, and dc2). So far, we've planned to hit up all the meets but shlt keeps popping out of no where!

But mteg, to your comment, I think most times, we take these negative things about certain companies and judge them already before giving them an opportunity. While I was in MIlwaukee, I stopped by King, spoke to Scott (whom I later found out was the CEO), shared ideas, let me go into their dyno room, looked at the infamous king motorsports CRX, looked at their test mule 94 civic, all motor, 270whp, Scott's personal maroon DA that looked brand new and at that time, pushing 270whp all motor, their raced prepped prelude, a customer's s2000 hooked up, ready to be dyno tuned, both their featured Mugen RSX and Civic SI. He gave me a lot of good information, ideas, and seemd to be a real down to earth individual.

Of course, everyone has their own opinions about any tuner, but i've concluded that when I get my car tuned, i'm going through King Motorsports. For a full tune, this would include the typical "street tune" from local shops," all of this is done on the dyno, being forced induction, it would run me $550. I think it's worth it. $450 n/a.

But, sorry for the long rant. What I'm trying to say is, you should try to get to know them before making up your mind already. Also, something i've noticed about a lot of companies that cater to our sport, is the fact that they ALL have terrible customer service. haha.

didn't mean to jack yo thread kutch!!

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Didn't read your rant... But as long as you're coming, then it's okay!! haha

Can I mark you and your brothers down to the list then?

I started a list over on honda-tech alreaady

GSROWNSU

FINALLY!!! Yes!!! I've been wanting to get a meet together here in Wisconsin for a long ass time! Now kutch is doing it for me lol YES I WILL BE THERE!!! I really wanna make this a big meet too. I will definitely tell as many friends as a can to come up with me!

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
sounds good!! we got a pretty good list I guess coming over at h-t too, so it'll be sweet.

lets just hope it works!! I'll update this thread with what I have from over there.

GSROWNSU

is there anything else i can do to make sure this happens? Do you have 20 people already to reserve a spot in the park? I will for sure be bringing more than one honda with me if that helps :D

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, just get as many people as possible and we can make this happen.

Post up on other forums, and help out!! That's about all we need is just to get everyone to come. ya know?