Aussie's DB2

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I jacked the back of my Mazda up with it yesterday. It seems well made but I just got it so its hard to tell how long it will last.

speedin

The Transporter
I like the design of that one. Hopefully it takes the abuse...

Jacks dont seem to last long with me. The only one to take the abuse was a small craftsman one I bought in high school. All the "nicer" ones end up blowing.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I've got a surprise waiting for me at home, very excited to see it! I'll update later.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
New clutch!

I am really happy to be able to run this clutch again, I had used it about 7 years ago with great results and am very excited to see how it handles the new engine.

This one was in almost new shape after a ton of abuse from a previous turbo ls setup.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Idk, we've got all sorts of cartoon like instructions, they love that shit in Japan.

They won't let us use them at our US plant though, so I've got to make boring work instructions with real pictures :thumbdown:

jbrown97ls

I have a very similar jack from harbor freight and I've had no complaints for the past 2 years. I love that thing

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Small update, got a new present in the mail today. Thanks Exedy!

No competition for this flywheel :thumbup:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So the last two months have been quite busy for myself, as some of the OGs know I no longer am working for Exedy, still have the sponsorship for now (we'll see what happens). After that I spent 5 weeks driving around the US, got up to PA, over to CO, NV down to CA, Arizona, back to OK, and now home in TN. We visited 19 or 20 states and 8000 miles total.

So now that I'm home doing the self employed thing I'll have plenty of time to work on the cars! That is as soon as I figure out why my fucking mower deck is rattling!

Anyway stay tuned in for some progress. :thumbup:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Quick update with what's going on:

Cleaning off lots of oil from under the car. Why? Last winter during its stint as a snowmobile I had another axle issue. The passenger inner cv tore apart one night, which then fell out of the trans, causing gobs of axle grease and transmission oil to coat the underside of the car.

Unrelated to the Integra; routine maintenance and winterizing the Mazdas.

I put the snow tires on the 5 the other day, but my daughter isn't fond of the black wheels, so her and the wife have won the color vote with pink, and that's the project of the day.