B16 Integra swap, anyone?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I don't need to "read forums", I have real life expierence with these motors. I have had 4 B16's, do a google search since your all about "reading forums" and tell me how many 200whp b16's you find, maybe 2-3 max. Idk about being the best bang for the buck either. I'd rather have a b20 over a b16, but thats just my personal preference. Everything I posted about the b16 is fact, not fiction. They do have a great r/s ratio which allows them to be revved to the moon, they do have a good flowing head, they do have the shittiest cams of all b series, they do have 0 torque due to the short stroke.

Even if you do make 200whp on a b16 your still gonna standing the chance of being beat on by a stock GSR lol. The reason being is a stock GSR will make more tq. A 200whp b16 will have around 112ft/lbs to the wheels. A stock GSR will have closer to 120ft/lbs

P.S send me some links to all these 200whp b16 builds.

Last edited:

Cripton805

I don't need to "read forums", I have real life expierence with these motors. I have had 4 B16's, do a google search since your all about "reading forums" and tell me how many 200whp b16's you find, maybe 2-3 max. Idk about being the best bang for the buck either. I'd rather have a b20 over a b16, but thats just my personal preference. Everything I posted about the b16 is fact, not fiction. They do have a great r/s ratio which allows them to be revved to the moon, they do have a good flowing head, they do have the shittiest cams of all b series, they do have 0 torque due to the short stroke.

Even if you do make 200whp on a b16 your still gonna standing the chance of being beat on by a stock GSR lol. The reason being is a stock GSR will make more tq. A 200whp b16 will have around 112ft/lbs to the wheels. A stock GSR will have closer to 120ft/lbs

P.S send me some links to all these 200whp b16 builds.
Seriously? a stock GSR beating a 200whp B16?
biggest :smackself

A 200whp B16A would beat an ITR.

Dude... not even the build you mentioned had 112 torque. You know it had more than that.
Of course. If you want to put it that way. B20 would own just about everything else until you start going K series.
Sure. A B16 N/a build would need a more experienced tuner and isn't for people that don't have money.

Youre really making it seem like the B18C GSR is way superior in stock form.

You know it's possible to get high numbers on a B16A and it will trail the B18C until you start heading toward a brick wall.
Youre talking stock displacement. And theres ways around those walls if you know what youre doing to get around it. People like the GSR motors because theyre awesome for light and heavy N/A builds.

If you dont want to spend a whole lot of money and you want a nice little motor, go toward the B16 especially toward a OBD0 Integra if they don't have experience with converting OBD0 to OBD1.
Not everyone is going to do a hardcore N/a build to run into that brick wall. All that maters is their goal.
Dont forget, the B18C1 requires head work and possibly high compression pistons, etc. to get to that 200whp. You make it sound like its just a simple process. No. It requires strategy and good parts selection and every build is different.

You should know all of this too and I hope you do. All you have proven is nothing really other than posting false torque numbers in order to help you succed with your argument and making stupid excuses.
Every engine has the capability of being superior to the other to a certain point.

We can talk about B20Vtec and then If I wasnt trying to make a stupid argument bring in a K20/K24...

Its all preference and what matters is your goal. How much money youre going to spend, etc...

for a complete GSR swap, youre looking at $2200+

For a complete B16A OBD0 Cable swap... You can get one off the street for less than 1k
While youre still saving for that GSR swap. The other dude has his engine in and swapped and already building the head toward his own goal.

A QUOTE FROM OMNIMAN HIMSELF!!!

omniman
Honda-Tech Member

Re: can we get a official b16 all motor dyno thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver1689
b16 allmotor setups r for women and children

so which one are you a woman or a child? just kidding

based on my experience the following B motors in properly built street form with a liberal budget can make the following whp reliably for their displacement/size on pump gas. with a maximum compression of 11.5:1

b16 200-205+ whp
b17 210-215+ whp
b18 215-225+ whp
b20 235-245+ whp

The majority of people will never spend the time and money to achieve those levels, because beyond time and money it takes the know how, which few have anymore.

Sound logical?
Dont try to twist my words now and say I said the B16 is better, but its not trash like you make it out to be

Last edited:

Cripton805

b16>b18a,b18b

but b16<b18c
Yes sir...

B18C"ITR">B16B"CTR">B18C>B16A"OBD1&2">B17A>B16A"OBD0">B20s"torque">B18B>B18A>B18A"90-91"

Of course this is based on stock form. If people tried to say "what if" etc... mods. The arguments would be endless. It is what it is.

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
NVM I don't wanna hurt your feelings by putting your lack of knowledge on display.

Still waiting on those links man

Last edited:

Cripton805

NVM I don't wanna hurt your feelings by putting your lack of knowledge on display.

Still waiting on those links man
:smackself
You can go argue with Mr. Omniman... He put it plain and simple for you and you still don't understand.
Would you seriously argue with him?

Sure I can go and find 200whp B16's but it's a needle in a haystack.
Just because it's not as common, doesn't make it close to near impossible...
As you make it out to be.

People dont usually put the time and the money for this to be achieved.

Look at the number we're talking about... Seriously.

If it has been done already. What is your point? It can be replicated with the same parts or different parts depending on your setup.

I can find 3 maybe 5. Heck maybe even 20. What difference would it make if it's still achievable and it's been already proven stated by "YOU"

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Maybe you didn't read the "/end sarcasm" part? I thought I was pretty clear in posting that lol. I was being sarcastic because cripton boy or whatever the fuck his name is was making it seem like some super hard swap

Cripton I would love to sit and argue with you, really I would. However I have other things to do besides school you. Don't you think if it were so easy to replicate then everyone with a b16 would've already done it? Theres a reason why there is only a handful of 200whp b16s compared to 200whp b18's.

Still waiting on the links to all these super sweet b16 builds btw, don't let me down!

P.S since your talking omni man, you do realize my tq number I posted is from his 200whp b16 right? It was actually 117ft/lbs my bad!!

Last edited:

Cripton805

Maybe you didn't read the "/end sarcasm" part? I thought I was pretty clear in posting that lol. I was being sarcastic because cripton boy or whatever the fuck his name is was making it seem like some super hard swap

Cripton I would love to sit and argue with you, really I would. However I have other things to do besides school you. Don't you think if it were so easy to replicate then everyone with a b16 would've already done it? Theres a reason why there is only a handful of 200whp b16s compared to 200whp b18's.

Still waiting on the links to all these super sweet b16 builds btw, don't let me down!

P.S since your talking omni man, you do realize my tq number I posted is from his 200whp b16 right? It was actually 117ft/lbs my bad!!
Also the thread on HT have plenty of numbers close to a stock ITR on mild builds 170whp+

http://ht-archive.com/showthread.php?t=2466663&page=4

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1314132

http://ht-archive.org/showthread.php?t=1417739

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/video-post/190526-200whp-b16a-dyno.html

http://www.htarchive.com/showthread.php?t=1583606

It is difficult to find, but it's possible and people usually give up.
Already stated by Omniman... ONCE AGAIN.

What is your argument... 200whp is achievable, but not that achievable. just kinda?
Most people don't even build their GSR motors to 200whp. So why does this even matter?

You just make it seem like the GSR motor is like comparing an NSX engine to a Non-Vtec Civic.
You exaggerate and that's what I have a problem with.

I agree that the B18C is superior, but the B16A does trail... Why do you have a problem with the truth?

On top of that, alot more people modify a B18C over B16As. There are TONS more people putting money toward their B18s, so not much attention is paid to B16's. The whole reason why Omniman sticks up for the B16. Go argue with him then. I bet TONS of people bashed and talked crap about Omni until he shut the mouth of people like you. Or did he? Now he's the exception, so that means nobody else can do it other than him. Cmon seriously? So somebody has to come out AGAIN and do it. So you guys can just make excuses around that person too.

:smackself:smackself:smackself

That's the problems with people... people say it can't be done. Then it is... then they continue to make excuses.

I remember how much shittt this guy got on HT when he thought about building his car... then people shut up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAl180zN3Z0&feature=related

This is something unbelievable ^^^

200whp on a B16... not lmao
Just people don't do it often

Last edited:

jznsn2u

I would feel weird having a b16 in an integra. I prefer a 1.8litre + in an integra. But since you already have a b16, you might as well work with what you got.

Cripton805

I would feel weird having a b16 in an integra. I prefer a 1.8litre + in an integra. But since you already have a b16, you might as well work with what you got.
x2.

I would take it out of a DC, but it wouldn't bother me as much in a DA