bkirshr's big choice *looking for comments*

5 Speed Tranny or Full GSR Swap?

• Total voters

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
5 speed swap w/ a B16 trans if more speed is what you're looking for
Acceleration*

Nobody really ALWAYS needs vtec (besides abusive drivers), but its nice to have it when you need it for WOT ;) accelerating @ 100% throttle then pop, surprise em with 'vtec boost' ;)

Sent from my DC4

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
I will NEVER own an auto. Until I'm old.. even then..

IMO everyone would be a better driver if they regularly drove stick (no sexual pun intended).

bkirshr

User that is Registered
You dont have very many miles on your Ls right? I say 5speed now maybe gsr or lsv later.
nope, only 87,000 miles. that's one of the main reasons I want to keep the engine

Don't NEED vtec.? You cray. You gotta have it though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
haha don't NEED, would absolutely LOVE it though.

5 speed swap w/ a B16 trans if more speed is what you're looking for
Thanks dude, I'm just looking for a more entertaining way to drive. haha

5 speed swap. It sounds like you've done a good bit of research too. Let me know if you need an extra hand
thanks man, I may have to take up up on that actually. have you ever done a swap before?

Acceleration*

Nobody really ALWAYS needs vtec (besides abusive drivers), but its nice to have it when you need it for WOT ;) accelerating @ 100% throttle then pop, surprise em with 'vtec boost' ;)

Sent from my DC4
true..

I will NEVER own an auto. Until I'm old.. even then..

IMO everyone would be a better driver if they regularly drove stick (no sexual pun intended).
when I was looking for a new car, I didn't know how to drive a stick. Honestly, I still never have driven one..:oops: but I know how. I feel like I could do it in my sleep. I just need to feel the weight of a clutch pedal and I think I'd be set.

Plus I feel like it would be an anti-theft device to have a stick too

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
nope, only 87,000 miles. that's one of the main reasons I want to keep the engine

haha don't NEED, would absolutely LOVE it though.

Thanks dude, I'm just looking for a more entertaining way to drive. haha

thanks man, I may have to take up up on that actually. have you ever done a swap before?

true..

when I was looking for a new car, I didn't know how to drive a stick. Honestly, I still never have driven one..:oops: but I know how. I feel like I could do it in my sleep. I just need to feel the weight of a clutch pedal and I think I'd be set.

Plus I feel like it would be an anti-theft device to have a stick too
One of the main reasons why i wanted to do a tranny swap before head swap. Good thinking ;)

Sent from my DC4

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
Lol. Takes a little more practice than watching the first 2 minutes of the fast and the furious. You will die out and squeal tires in front of cops, at least I did.

Keep your engine, do the 5 speed.

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Lmaoo i cant believe u just said that to the good guy lol but yea u will stall in awkard spots. U just have to 'learn ur car' n ull get it.

This is a very informative thread for me. The only thing thats missing is what NOT to do when driving MT :p

Sent from my DC4