bkirshr's big choice *looking for comments*

5 Speed Tranny or Full GSR Swap?

• Total voters

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Lol. Takes a little more practice than watching the first 2 minutes of the fast and the furious. You will die out and squeal tires in front of cops, at least I did.

Keep your engine, do the 5 speed.
haha yeah, I realize its probably a lot different than I think.

btw, I watched 5 minutes..

EDIT: What does everyone think of the parts car I found? (I put the link in the OP) he wants 2500 for the whole engine/tranny.. or I could just get the tranny/other stuff and trade the GSR for an Si transmission. I saw a guy on FB that wants a GSR for his brand new Si

Last edited:

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
I never really though about getting a whole donor car actually, just find parts here and there. But that actually makes a lot more sense. The trick would be I guess is to find an integra with a B16 tranny in it that's only for parts
I would get the transmission you want to put in your car, then get cheap 5-speed shell/beater car to use for parts, not for the transmission.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
I would get the transmission you want to put in your car, then get cheap 5-speed shell/beater car to use for parts, not for the transmission.
Yeah, that makes sense to do it that way, but I found a kid who wants to trade his brand new Si trans with 997 miles on it for a GSR trans.. that's where I was going with tha\t thought haha

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Youre thinking too small. Either one of those options you end up with a gsr trans. Brand new b16 trans straight trade? Better get the full story on that trans. I dont see a purpose in that trade.

integswap94

I would do the gsr swap and just put a stage 3 exedy clutch system in to make it last better incase your into drag racing and shift hard but if your just into cruising just a simple gsr clutch will do fine with a b16 swap and your good too go until you deffinatly decide what you wanna do with the car

bkirshr

User that is Registered
nope, no swaps. I did install a full exhaust on a v6 Eclipse though :lol:
lol welp, that's more than I've done..lmao

Youre thinking too small. Either one of those options you end up with a gsr trans. Brand new b16 trans straight trade? Better get the full story on that trans. I dont see a purpose in that trade.
you have a point. It's not like I've driven a GSR and an Si trans to really know the difference, so I guess it really doesn't matter.

I would do the gsr swap and just put a stage 3 exedy clutch system in to make it last better incase your into drag racing and shift hard but if your just into cruising just a simple gsr clutch will do fine with a b16 swap and your good too go until you deffinatly decide what you wanna do with the car
I'd probably get a stage 1, but that's about it. It's just a daily, no real hard strain on the trans.

lets be real here, it's not like mine would be even as close to as clean as yours anyway, so what's the point? hahaha