Car Care/Detailing Thread

94RS

No fucks given.
Nothing stuck in it as far as I could tell when I sprayed the car off. Then again, the paint protect stuff has the consistency of water, maybe thinned vegetable oil.

R13

The other asshole
Ah it’s a polymer based thing like Fast Finish, the bottle threw me off.

I haven’t paid any attention to the water beading on the ultimate Fast Finish, but it’s supposed to do the same thing, it just comes in an aerosol can.

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah, I thought it was a gel when it came out. Actually seeing it in person is like some shitty fruit punch soda

It doesn’t add any shine to the car though. This is strictly from the Mirror Bright polishing wax.

R13

The other asshole
FF is the same way, once you buff it off and it dries you can’t even tell you put anything on it :lol:

I need to find a good paste wax that I can layer before I use the Fast Finish that way I get the shine of paste wax, with the extra protection of the FF

94RS

No fucks given.
So I’ve just learned that Meguiars discontinued the entire Mirror Bright line without saying anything... :evil:

As for a decent affordable paste wax, if you want an all in one, there’s NXT and Gold Class depending if you want a synthetic or carnauba.

There’s also the Ultimate paste wax (synthetic) if you just want a wax and will use something else to polish, recommend the Ultimate polish.

R13

The other asshole
:rolf:

I’m not sure what I’ll use yet, I research everything individually because I’m OCD as fuck. Probably Meg’s though for price and results.

R13

The other asshole
For those interested here’s the beading action on Meguiar’s Ultimate Fast Finish about a month after I strip washed it and applied only the fast finish.

94RS

No fucks given.
Heads up if you’ve got the money, Lowe’s has a sale going on right now of the combo pack (weed eater, blower, two batteries, charger) for $100. Isn’t too bad considering the price of it alone.

As I’m sure you’ve already got 15 weed eaters in the garage, only two of which work, you could sell the one that comes with to make some money back :what:

R13

The other asshole
Actually I’ve only got one fuck you very much When I took over full responsibility of the yard maintenance I took the 3 we had that didn’t work and made one good one that still runs great. I start it once a month and warm it up so I don’t have to fix it later.

I’d prefer to have an electric weed wacker, but my city has been going full-Detroit/ghetto lately so I just ordered a conceal carry gun which means I’m borderline penniless.

And yes, I’m officially full fucking redneck, truck, gun, lawn mowing equipment...

Should fucking sell it all and buy more guitars.

94RS

No fucks given.
Picked up some shit for the weekend.

The air refresher was for the van. I had black oxide plated parts sitting in there for Profile Racing (the BMX parts company)... If you’ve never smelled fresh black oxide, it’s a really heavy oil smell. Trap it in a vehicle, it’s fucking gross :lol:

Anyway, that “sweet summer breeze” scent smells like a mix of lemon pledge and Mirror Bright detailing spray. Not horrible for $5.

I’m gonna try out the Ultimate Quik Wax after washing with the Ultimate Wash & Wax to see how that shines up. And of course, the wheel cleaner was $4 cheaper at Walmart than Advance...

Also noticed that Walmart now carries a bunch of Chemical Guys products, all of which cost the same or more than comparable Meguiars Ultimate products that work better.

Surprisingly, every product was fully stocked (Megs, Mothers, etc) EXCEPT the Chemical Guys citrus wash.... which was $17 for a 64oz. And based on every review I’ve seen, that shit is trash.

alexalex

I detail mine every month. Wash it once a week maybe. I have to park outdoors, and the dew sets so thick that it gets dirty the next day if I wash it anyway. When it comes to detailing, this detail center https://detailingproshop.ca/ is my number one place