Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Hah yeah I know...the 20w-50 seems to have made the smoke less like a train, so that should bide me some time...

Also, yes I have considered raceline, and I may in fact go that route. The reason why I would do Church is because they tuned it before and because of their reputation, but you do make a good point. Not set in stone, and the more time passes, the more likely I am to just go with raceline. Especially since I plan on buying my short block from them, and possibly have them do the rebuild on the short block as well, mostly because of how many times I did this last one.

The sucky part is how much I am going to have to clean up my head...All of the burning oil is caking crap on to my valves lol..
20w-50? Jeez... I don't know anyone running that viscosity.

Nick_C78

Thats exactly where I bought it :p it was supertech too, only the good stuff for this flawless block lol Didn't want to spend too much on oil that is just going to burn and possibly get drained. But yeah, I know it isn't the best idea ever, but what other choice do I have at the moment lol.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
You put in work dude! :thumbs up wish i had the space and time for it. Naturally funding could bypass all of that. :rolf:

A buddy, username Local, is having a poor experience with Church so after recommendation hes going with Raceline. He's tuning this friday and im dropping in. Hey it might be far for you but if youre up for it, some of us are meeting up maybe oc or north of it. Still locking down a location. Club integra impromptu mini meet.

Nick_C78

Haha I think I know of Local. He and I have been talking on NWP.

Oh and I just posted in your meet thread about that.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
:thumbs up Yeah i believe hes on different forums with the same username.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
ah haaah.. i was just talkin to him about his new intake the other day. I might want his icebox if he decides to sell it later. I want to slap it on and dyno graph it, hopefully before i tune for a fair comparison.

Nick_C78

Hah you were huh? Anything I would like to hear? Oh I see haha, yeah that thing is pretty pricey, he should just sell it. I would. Would help pay for the one he just made.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
shooooot its dirt cheap compared to mugen. There was nothing particular in the conversation. I was just catching up with his current progress and situation with tuning being resolved or not. We talked about intake restriction the first time i met him a few months ago on his setup and now hes installing the performer X with breathable intake tube. Comptech or not, the stock gsr tube is too small for his build. Lookin forward to his tuning results on friday.

Nick_C78

Ahh ok I got you. Yeah I hope his tune goes well this time. Raceline will get it done right though I am sure.

NastyDB8

Nice build Nick. Makes me want to experiment with my intake as well as far as wrapping it up for colder air. Oh I am getting that baseline tune done for my car this Saturday @ Raceline. (Thanks for the suggestion Tom).

Nick_C78

Thanks man. hah yeah I just wrapped it this time, because whenever I paint raw aluminum piping, it always ends up getting scratched and starts looking ugly over time. The heat benefits are probably minimal because it is an SRI afterall, however on a hot track day, it has to help at least a little bit.

Good luck on the tune bro.