Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Nah, I was going to wait until I got my rings seated and my new exhaust, then I was going to retune at church and go over to raceline and dyno there to compare. But these plans have changed obviously. Why do you ask?
He wants to know if he makes more power than you on a dynojet. :mrgreen:

Nick_C78

Aww s***! No bueno... Send your block over to the shop bro. :thumbs up
My current block is worthless man. It had a headstud stripped out and helicoiled(poorly I might add) and the cylinders are max bore, so it would have to be sleeved. Not worth it really. I just want to buy a type r block, freshen it up and call it a day, no machine work this time. Might just take it to you guys to freshen it up though, that way I cant blame myself :p

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Nah, I was going to wait until I got my rings seated and my new exhaust, then I was going to retune at church and go over to raceline and dyno there to compare. But these plans have changed obviously. Why do you ask?
want to get a good look at how bad my cams are scored. -__- i kind of now reilize why im down on power as opposed to say other people with the same build. I have scoring on my cams from the previous owner.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
My current block is worthless man. It had a headstud stripped out and helicoiled(poorly I might add) and the cylinders are max bore, so it would have to be sleeved. Not worth it really. I just want to buy a type r block, freshen it up and call it a day, no machine work this time. Might just take it to you guys to freshen it up though, that way I cant blame myself :p
Type R short block or long block?

Nick_C78

I hope he has more power than me lol...you have to remember I was dynod on unseated rings as well as the super crappy exhaust and intake lol. So if that put out more power than his...what does his have?

That sucks about your cams Samurai. How bad are they? Because normal scoring wont rob all that much power. I seriously doubt it rubbed off enough metal to make the lift substantially/duration less.

And I just want a short block, I plan on using my same head, it is too sexy to not use it lol.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
naw, more like..dont let jacky do your oil change ever and then forget about what happened, then buy the cams he f***ed up, then remember like 8 months later.

I hope he has more power than me lol...you have to remember I was dynod on unseated rings as well as the super crappy exhaust and intake lol. So if that put out more power than his...what does his have?

That sucks about your cams Samurai. How bad are they? Because normal scoring wont rob all that much power. I seriously doubt it rubbed off enough metal to make the lift substantially/duration less.

And I just want a short block, I plan on using my same head, it is too sexy to not use it lol.
lets just say the oil light came on.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA

I'll see if we have any spare Type R blocks laying around.

Nick_C78

naw, more like..dont let jacky do your oil change ever and then forget about what happened, then buy the cams he f***ed up, then remember like 8 months later.
You couldn't tell by looking at them that they were scored? And the oil light came on because of scored cams? Thats a new one to me. Hopefully you get it fixed soon.

And thanks matt.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You couldn't tell by looking at them that they were scored? And the oil light came on because of scored cams? Thats a new one to me. Hopefully you get it fixed soon.

And thanks matt.
naw the oil light came on because the oil was going away. I didnt remember thinking they were super scored. i think i thought they were super old.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Damn that sucks. You put a lot of time, money, and effort into that motor.

Why not tune at raceline? Church has so much reputation that they put half assed tuners to work on customers cars. Im going by just one example so thats just my opinion. :mrgreen: Make sure you get a good tuner?

I always want to know how much power someones making! I want to buy moar... :(

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA

Why not tune at raceline? Church has so much reputation that they put half assed tuners to work on customers cars. Im going by just one example so thats just my opinion. :mrgreen: Make sure you get a good tuner?

I always want to know how much power someones making! I want to buy moar... :(
Thanks for the love and support Tom! I already told Nick that our doors are always open for him and his DC2. :thumbs up

Nick_C78

Hah yeah I know...the 20w-50 seems to have made the smoke less like a train, so that should bide me some time...

Also, yes I have considered raceline, and I may in fact go that route. The reason why I would do Church is because they tuned it before and because of their reputation, but you do make a good point. Not set in stone, and the more time passes, the more likely I am to just go with raceline. Especially since I plan on buying my short block from them, and possibly have them do the rebuild on the short block as well, mostly because of how many times I did this last one.

The sucky part is how much I am going to have to clean up my head...All of the burning oil is caking crap on to my valves lol..