Cruizer's Picture/Restoration/Progress Thread>DA9 Content<

Sammich

lol keep ur eye on ebay, thats where i got mine from, but make sure that they have enough wiring on the harness..as far as drop...i say do the same, ebay, or keep ur eye on this site, i dont think many pple on g2ic sell lowering suspensino parts.

at least the HPs are pretty cheap, id get those new

cruizer

lol keep ur eye on ebay, thats where i got mine from, but make sure that they have enough wiring on the harness..as far as drop...i say do the same, ebay, or keep ur eye on this site, i dont think many pple on g2ic sell lowering suspensino parts.
at least the HPs are pretty cheap, id get those new
Yea I'm on ebay ALL the time...I lost an auction on some one pieces from Europe
coming along great dude, keep it up
thanks, I will:thumbs up

cruizer

Got my oil pan cleaned up at work today...pics

Before

After

thats the only update for now

cruizer

New parts!!!
Oem Cap & Rotor and Oem oil pan gasket...I managed to install the cap and rotor tonight at work....I actually noticed a HUGE difference in performance. Before my car would stumble on acceleration and now it doesnt do it anymore...only took 2 pics

jdm_mike19

nice job man it looks great makes me wanna invest more money into my car again lol... are u from sac??? that prelude the familiar

cruizer

nice job man it looks great makes me wanna invest more money into my car again lol... are u from sac??? that prelude the familiar
thanks alot, and i moved from NY to MD the prelude was bought in NY, and it got a face lift lol, lets just say its not green anymore
his plates are from maryland.

awesome job cleaning up that DA. who cares if its an auto. looks good
thanks, i miss my 5 speed civic ALOT, this car kinda takes the fun out of driving sometimes lol

***Finally got around to changing my oil pan and gasket, IT WAS A NIGHTMARE, i was all done and everything back on right, then I poured a quart of oil, then watched for leaks and saw none. Start the car up look underneath and oil is pouring out where the transmission meets the oil pan :shock:......So I had to pull everything back apart and take the oil pan back down. I checked the area where oild was pouring from and it turns out that i think it was pieces of the old gasket hardened up and got stuck on two of the studs.....took them off and everything is all good now but i need a header b/c one of the studs were stripped....now i have a small exhaust leak

NASTY!!!

Nice and clean-ISH

Im thinking about ordering a cheap stainless steel ebay header but im not sure how it will sound or affect performance since i have stock cat and cat-back....any input is appreciated!

cruizer

Went to the junk yard on sunday and got some matching rear seats AND head rests for my front seats....everytime i go there i feel like collecting parts for a auto to manual swap but then i think about the work involved and my lack of time :(

Before

After

Probably not gonna put these on til tonight, if im in the mood since its raining

UPS just stopped by....

Yea yea yea, i know eBay headers aren't the best, but its temporary....

Last edited:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I love seeing build threads even though its looks more like a restoration thread. You're doing an awesome job. Maybe you'll end up keeping the G2 and maybe just doing a 5 speed swap.

cruizer

I love seeing build threads even though its looks more like a restoration thread. You're doing an awesome job. Maybe you'll end up keeping the G2 and maybe just doing a 5 speed swap.
thanks, and i love seeing build threads too, everytime i see one i get the urge to do a manual swap but i have no time for it....yea its mostly a restoration/ whatever i do to the car thread lol
x2

great job restoring the teggy :thumbup:
Thanks

Tiny update.....Well last night i attempted to install the header but i think i messed up somewhere b/c the bottom half was hitting the oil pan so i took it back off and put the stock one back on and (i feel kinda stupid now) turns out that when i was installing the old one back a few weeks ago i used the impact gun on it and the nut just kept spinning, so last night i used the nuts (lol) from the new header and i turned them on with a ratchet instead of the impact and to my surprise...IT WENT ON!!....so now i dont have any more exhaust leaks.....here are a few pics i took of my dirty ass engine....

This thing is HEAVY as F**K compared to the eBay one lol

Notice anything out of the ordinary in this pic???

EW