Custom painted B series valve covers

Teggymane88

I have been wanting to try it that way but I got kids lol so I wouldn't try it haha. The way I cure mine I use a electric heater. I put my valve cover in foam ice chest lol ya I know but hey it works, anyway's i put it halfway's in laying the box down careful not to scuff it, and then I put my heater right in front of it for about a good 45mns to an hour and it heats that baby up quick! The hot air circulates through out the whole box so im assured clean crisp wrinkles all the way around. Works everytime I use that process.

Last edited:

Isco

I have been wanting to try it that way but I got kids lol so I wouldn't try it haha. The way I cure mine I use a electric heater. I put my valve cover in foam ice chest lol ya I know but hey it works, anyway's i put it halfway's in laying with the box layig down careful not to scuff it and then I put my heater right in front of it and it heats that baby up quick! The hot air circulates through out the whole box so im assured clean crisp wrinkles all the way around. Works everytime I use that process.

yeah i got one little too...i think next time ill do it with your technique...your pics looks great...the white one with spot looks sick!

Teggymane88

Ya it works man. Just go buy one of those cheap foam ice chest at your local grocery store and go at it. That way you don't have your girl passing out lol. That white with the red splatter.....Thanks man, i got a lil creative and that was the outcome lol. I named that one Gumball hahaha

Teggymane88

That TL cover looks good. How do you dry the paint and what kind do you use?
Thank you! My favorite paint to use is Duplicolor. Most of their paint is heat resistant and besides I use high temp primer underneath the paint. A working formula :) I cure most if not all my projects with my little electric heater. Works like a charm. Just make sure the heater does'nt build up dust or else it will blow dirt all over your project and just make it a disaster!!!:x

Teggymane88

Hope you guy's really enjoy my work. I have a passion for painting as well as Integras, Dc and Db! If you would like to see more of my work follow me if you have an Instagram @MIGGIE_G88

Teggymane88

Heres what I have been working on today. Not finished yett. Still gota unmask the polished letters and the masking. For this one I decided to paint through the outer and inner holes only because I thought the metallic purple should flow.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Using the cooler is pretty creative, never seen it done. I moved this to exterior/detailing/etc. it's not really a sale/wanttobuy thread.

Tree

I hope this thread continues, I wanna see what kind of creative stuff people will come up with for their vc's

Teggymane88

I hope this thread continues, I wanna see what kind of creative stuff people will come up with for their vc's
Ya me too man. Love to see other peoples creative ideas. And there is nothing better to see that happen on then what we all love and have a passion for...Integra's and the things we love to do to our rides. Hope more people post up their work!

cborden

Jesus is THE way
honestly I didnt like the ls cove but i think thats mainly because I just dont like ls covers. all the other ones were clean though

Teggymane88

honestly I didnt like the ls cove but i think thats mainly because I just dont like ls covers. all the other ones were clean though
Ya they still haven't grew on me either bro lol. I like to do em as a quick easy project. I think its mainly the humps on em that make em unattractive haha.

94RS

No fucks given.
I like the checkerboards though :lol:

Nice work, dude :thumbup: Speaking of the LS covers though, have you done any OBD2 covers?