Daddy Built Racing's "Quest for 10s part 2" build thread

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Wow thats a significant variable in power reading. 22% Something had to be outdated, not calibrated or seriously different weather. New build will be interesting.

Next time hose off the motor with coolant. :rolf:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I know Laskey well. I talked to his father Earl for years (RIP) when Benson sleeved my block. What is his reasoning for going up a size? Are the bores out of round? Youre going to be pushing close to 700hp with that turbo so you'll want a loose p2w ~ like .0045" which is why I think you could clean that bore up with a hone and end up with the proper p2w. Run it past Mike.

Make sure you check your v2v with that new cam on those oversized valves, especially if you want to adjust your cam gears. Skunk2 says you cant run oversized valves on the Pro1 cam. You can, but you just may not be able to run it at 0/0.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
My P2W was .035 last time, the bores aren't out of round just rusted to hell and back. Apparently the rust was so bad that a simple hone wouldnt clean it up, that was my first question was could a honing along do the trick.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Figured I would show you guys the color my car is going, gonna start with the engine bay next week:

Green Tea Metallic off the CRVs

Last edited:

dlo253

Hey man I tried gettin those knocked out but didn't get a reply. But if u want one of those designs lmk, or if ya want me to go back to the drawing board. Either way, mill should be free again next week.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Sorry man I have been busy all day long painting walls in our new house. I am trying to collect everyones money so I can order several at a time from ya. I will text you sometime Monday if thats ok with you.

XjoEnX

That color is gonna look awesome! The mod list is insane. :thumbs up

dlo253

No worries man, I know how that goes.
Yeah just shoot me a text whenever, I'm always around haha.

XjoEnX

Lol. Don't dwell on that. Think in the positive that all of that helped you achieve the goal of 10's :thumbs up

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
11/8/12: So a crazy deal popped up last night that left me dwelling on it. My buddy makes turbo manifolds and posted one up for sale. I hit him up just to shoot the s*** and talk about the manifold and thats when he offered it to me for a crackhead price, so the wheels in my head really started turning. Needless to say I woke up today and talked it over with my buddy, my wife and a few other close friends before making a decision....looks like I am getting a new manifold haha. I am going to sell my Go-Autoworks topmount if anyone is interested shoot me a pm!

The turbo pictured is a 372 used for mockup and not the turbo I will be running on it.

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Pics of what sir? The only issue I see with this manifold is I might not be able to run the exhaust and dumptube out of the hood. We will cross that bridge once we get to it I suppose.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Added another picture to my post for ya. Its funny how a wiring harness has lead to this:

84.5mm sleeves
10:1 CP's
Skunk2 Pro 1's
70mm throttle body
Hondata COP
Forward facing turbo manifold
New paint
Welds/Mickey Thompsons
Rear bumper diffuser
Amber bumper lights
Radiator setup

The scary part is its only November lol