For the Auto guys, supercharged b20 on MP7A JDM automatic tranny

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
dont think the jdm auto came with lsd

now its making more sense..haha. sounds like a clusterf*ck as far as tuning goes. I have a buddy on another fourm thats supercharged his auto for a DD and burned threw 3 different torque convertor and 1 tranny before giving up on the project. He felt only way was the levl10. this of course was 10ish yrs ago.showing my age :oops:
Theres a guy around here that wound up doing the exact same thing as me on his bone stock 2000 integra LS, he has a JRSC with a CRV pulley, intake, and header/exhaust, nothing crazy. Had it tuned on a greddy emanage at PSIproformance.

This was his dyno before he ran the CRV pulley, his 8psi tune yielded 181hp but the power climbs well beyond what the transmission can shift at.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
btw level10 and IPT are pure insanity when it comes to prices on transmissions and torque converters lol IPT wanted almost 500 dollars for a street converter and level10 wanted 2800-3000 for a rebuilt transmission, i got quoted 800 locally for all the work i needed to have done. Custom work at that.

speedin

The Transporter
HAHA, I remember Level 10. They had all sorts of toys for auto's. I liked their paddle shifter kit.

And hum, i always heard it had a LSD. Thats internet miss-information for you. I guess it comes down to how bad you want one. Because im sure you can have a LSD machined and modified to fit. But I doubt it will be cheap.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
HAHA, I remember Level 10. They had all sorts of toys for auto's. I liked their paddle shifter kit.

And hum, i always heard it had a LSD. Thats internet miss-information for you. I guess it comes down to how bad you want one. Because im sure you can have a LSD machined and modified to fit. But I doubt it will be cheap.
Thankfully I have all sorts of friends that do machine work right? 8)

Kyle

always been working with automatics, and manual transmissions never really gained any appeal to me expect for dedicated drag cars, which i havent gotten into yet, only worked with in passing from other owners. Contrary to believe, it would actually be more expensive for me to swap in a GSR or type-r manual tranny then it is to build this automatic. I dont even have 500 dollars in transmission work yet, and when its all said and done, it will still not exceed the price of a manual swap.
I like that way of thinking. It's cheaper for me to build my B18B than to swap a B18C longblock, so I will go that route once summer comes. Maybe in the future, some company will begin to support the auto transmissions in the Honda world, I always thought it was werid that the domestic guys have massive support for their automatic transmissions but we in the Honda community don't.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
I like that way of thinking. It's cheaper for me to build my B18B than to swap a B18C longblock, so I will go that route once summer comes. Maybe in the future, some company will begin to support the auto transmissions in the Honda world, I always thought it was werid that the domestic guys have massive support for their automatic transmissions but we in the Honda community don't.
and theres a good reason the domestic community has automatic support, those domestic companys make excellent use of their automatic designs, from electronic tuning support to shift kits to torque converters, and they are extremely efficient. You will still get the nay sayers here and there but let me tell you how pissed they are when they race an automatic car that shifts way faster then their manual trannys ever can lol friend of mine has two automatic GM cars, grand prix GTP which ONLY came in automatic, and a 04 GTO with a 4L60E. The GTO is one of the fastest stock tuned 04 auto GTO's in the tristate area, and the grand prix runs 12's all day and night with a precision transmission and a phoenix converter using raybestos zpack clutches. The baby on board sticker really pisses off the mustang guys. :lol:

Charly[horse]

Name = John
This is awesome. If my car wasn't a obd-0 I would consider it. Stupid computers and old cars :p Can't wait to see what you turn out with though!

Prozon

Kris
Spawne! I'm so glad you've posted this. I hate that everyone has this mentality that you cannot boost an automatic. I love what you're doing! I wouldn't mind having an automatic instead of a five speed in my Integra, haha.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Spawne! I'm so glad you've posted this. I hate that everyone has this mentality that you cannot boost an automatic. I love what you're doing! I wouldn't mind having an automatic instead of a five speed in my Integra, haha.
helps to be a little bit insane too 8)

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
if you can believe this shit, i was in the process of installing the oil pump today, when this happened

yes thats right, 3 of the bolts litterally ripped the threads right out of the block, those arent helicoils, thats the threads from inside the bolt holes that stripped right off the aluminum and came out with the bolt. I was stuck retapping the bolt holes to the next size up, M7x1.0, hopefully the new bolts and lock washers i ordered do what I need them to do to keep this oil pump in place. Asshole who had the block before me changed the pump, must have overtorqued the bolts.

phatintegra

Banned
What are you going to be tuned on? Does any company offer tuning for automatic ECUs?
good question, as the electronics are the real monkey wrench in this whole program. If it wasnt for the fact that this car is OBD1 this build really wouldnt be possible. You have to start with a automatic car that already has independent transmission control and engine control, like the 94-95 integra's have. As far as tuning goes, the car is already tuned on ectune, and it will continue to be tuned on ectune, as its the only program that offers support to allow the torque converter lockup to engage properly. The trans computer on the opposite side of the car has been modified to allow higher shift points above 7000 rpm to make use of extra available power up to 7500 rpm. All of the engine tuning is done on a moates demon and a socketed P75 automatic ecu.
Neptune, Greddy Ultimate/E-Manage and eCtune are compatible for the Auto. Not sure if Chrome will work.

Been talking to Hondata for years and they still won't do it even I tried to use mine as a test vehicle.

Another thread for the Automatic people to look at is my LS/VTEC build thread.

Last edited:

osiris19

This is really inspiring as I drive an automatic integra and have thought of going five speed because I was told that these transmissions couldn't handle the boost or the built motors.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

jrhdominos

Nice work..automatic boosted integra. Now keep it looking bone stock..ITR Exhaust etc. Then rape new mustangs. and then tell them its a gas sipping four cylinder..haha I love it. I hope you get the oil pump situation worked out..have you had your block machined already?? Id say if it didnt work out go get another b20 junkyard block. Id hate to have hundreds of dollars worth of machine work in a block only to have to replace it. Good luck with your build bro.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Neptune, Greddy Ultimate/E-Manage and eCtune are compatible for the Auto. Not sure if Chrome will work.

Been talking to Hondata for years and they still won't do it even I tried to use mine as a test vehicle.

Another thread for the Automatic people to look at is my LS/VTEC build thread.

They work just fine but they are not real tuning solutions, they are signal manipulators. They dont provide any real feedback as to what you have and what you are getting. Where as ectune is from the ground up, all the fuel tables and ignition tables are completely independent of the stock OBD1 ecu.

Nice work..automatic boosted integra. Now keep it looking bone stock..ITR Exhaust etc. Then rape new mustangs. and then tell them its a gas sipping four cylinder..haha I love it. I hope you get the oil pump situation worked out..have you had your block machined already?? Id say if it didnt work out go get another b20 junkyard block. Id hate to have hundreds of dollars worth of machine work in a block only to have to replace it. Good luck with your build bro.
I have an ITR exhaust currently on the car and I hate it, its quiet but it has a terrible noise when you get on the gas. It sounds very hollowed out and doesnt really start to fill in until above 3500 rpm.