For the Auto guys, supercharged b20 on MP7A JDM automatic tranny

Kyle

You going to be coming to ECHM? I would be interested in seeing this car in person.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
exhaust work today, and wrapped up the oiling system install with the new bolts

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
well, finished the exhaust up today, and im disappointed it did the exact opposite of what i wanted, we used a similar setup on my buddys ranger to quiet it up from a cherry bomb exhaust that was on there before and it was almost as quiet as stock on his, on mine...well the video speaks for itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1RdVNUFV_k

[YOUTUBE="I1RdVNUFV_k"]I1RdVNUFV_k[/YOUTUBE]

better note all around, not raspy at all, but also not quiet, and drones like crazy in the car, definitely gonna have to do something about this.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
finished up the 67mm venturi on the tb

what made you decide to go supercharged instead of turbo? to be different? I'm glad someone is standing up for us automatics finally!

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
what made you decide to go supercharged instead of turbo? to be different? I'm glad someone is standing up for us automatics finally!
sheer cost to be honest lol i had originally planned several different builds, and i just so happen to come across a supercharger kit on ebay in the local area for the right price, went the next day, cash in hand, bought the whole kit complete with a spare engine, and just never looked back. Now im a big fan of the supercharger and just how different it is and id like to make use of it as best as possible before looking at other avenues for boost.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
few updates, got my modified obd1 trans computer back finally from redline performance, now shifting at 7100-7200rpm on the money :) gained a little extra in the top end. DDTECH will be coming up next week for honda day to tune the b18b1 sitting in the car now and gonna try to get this b**** to lay down some good numbers at the track.

Last edited:

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
I must say this build is awesome..I've always wanted to do a nonvtec supercharger build

And cuz it's auto it makes it that much better.. Awesome setup props

Sent from my iPhone 4S

94exa2

So your using a chipped usdm Ls ecu, and a modified Ls tcu? You know if you can modify the tcm part of the jdm ecu?

Also, couldnt you essentially use the larger jrsc meant for the itr since you aren't using the gsr head?

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
So your using a chipped usdm Ls ecu, and a modified Ls tcu? You know if you can modify the tcm part of the jdm ecu?

Also, couldnt you essentially use the larger jrsc meant for the itr since you aren't using the gsr head?
I am unsure about the JDM ecu's, i have not worked with them at all. The bolt patterns on the VTEC jrsc kits are different from the bolt patterns on non vtec heads so fab work is required, this is something we are looking into for down the road. Personally I want to do a completely custom aluminum intake manifold all together and get rid of the JRSC manifold, then that would free up options to use any blower.

94exa2

Oh, I thought the Ls head had the same bolt pattern as the b16 and itr heads, just the gsr is differant....

But either way, an m62 from an itr would be awesome!

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Oh, I thought the Ls head had the same bolt pattern as the b16 and itr heads, just the gsr is differant....

But either way, an m62 from an itr would be awesome!
Not entirely certain to be honest with you. lol