Gage Recommendations?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
FYI Mazdas are a B!tch to program.. not as easy as slapping a turbo in and throwing a basemap like we do with our cars. The ECU is locked and you need specialized access tool that generates a access key to get into the software.

I had a 2003 Mazda 6 that I sold to my mother cause it was such a PITA to do anything to.

Here's a good article at the mazda 6 forums to refer to to fully understand what you are lookign at getting into.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspeed6/209225-ecu-tuning.html

Just realized that was in relation to the mazdaspeed 6... but still gets the point across. FOr a non "speed" series you may have to look into a piggyback module IIRC
It's really not a big deal, most of us use the AEM FIC without any problems. For my Mazdaspeed 3 Cobb has the Accessport. Our tuning needs are more than covered.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Is AEM a good brand for electronic? I kind of want electronic in case say a line leaks etc.
I don't know but they are pricey and I hate having to have a different gage for each parameter. The plx are electronic and I have had great luck with the plx-m300 tied into my ecu.

I'm prob going to order the DM-6 with the fluid temp module for now, I'll let you know how it goes when I get my hands on it.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Are you looking for stand alone guages? (have their own sensors)
Or are you looking for something that reads off the ECU? (OBD)
Are you looking for something that you can log?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I was looking at stand alone gages. The obd2 gages read a lot of parameters but most of them are of no concern to me. They do not read fluid temps on most import cars nor accurate a/f ratios.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Right, thats what I thought. Are you tuned on Neptune or Hondata?
If so you can input additional temp sensors as well as the traditional wideband for A/F.
And then all OBD data can be outputted to the Tunerview display (or the PLX multi).
The Tunerview allows you to customize a single display while allowing you to log all this data together.

Something like this. Can be mounted anywhere.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
He's shopping options for his Mazda. That should answer the engine management questions :lol:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea for the integra that would be awesome but this is for my Mazda 5 :lol:

I'm so checking that out for the Integra though :D

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
It's really not a big deal, most of us use the AEM FIC without any problems. For my Mazdaspeed 3 Cobb has the Accessport. Our tuning needs are more than covered.
that is good to know I was thinking of buying my 6 back to use as a DD when I get around to completely overhauling my DA... The FIC is the piggyback style module correct?

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
Prosport? Good/bad?
Ive run them for awhile. They are nice....

But....

As of recently their EGT probes SUCK ASS! Ive been though 3 this year and the current one is crapping out again. Ive tried to talk to them about a higher quality one to no avail. They claim the probes are good. I beg to differ. Interesting thing is their older style probe that came with the gauge lasted a year and a half.

Aside from that the electronic boost gauges are not that accurate in the higher boost ranges (like 3 psi off over 25 psi), but not that far off in the normal 5-15 range.

If I had to do it all over again I think id go Defi. Id say PLX, but I just cant stand the way that digital gauge looks. I like my gauges to match my cluster.

speedin

The Transporter
Something like this. Can be mounted anywhere.
Wow that looks awful!

If you went that route id get what we just got for the formula car...

The AIM MXL PRO. Sure its $3000+ and requires a standalone, but details right? :lol:

Last edited: