Gage Recommendations?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I need some feedback on gages, I'm looking at purchasing 3 temp gages, one for oil, trans, and water temp.

I have a plx system in the Integra that I like but I'm not sure I want to go with these. This is going to be for my Mazda5 so I want something that doesn't have a lot of bulk to it and has a clean appearance, and it has to be accurate/good quality/dependable.

I've been eyeing up the AEM gages, I know I've used them in the past but I can't remember if I liked them or not. I know I had one of their A/F gages in my 240 but I questioned the accuracy of it cause it bounced around like crazy and was really slow to update.

It would be nice if therewas an all-in-one unit that could do all this, something like the msd dashhawk?

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Fuck I think I'm just going to end up getting one of the plx multi-gages. I'd rather not have a bunch of individual gages lined up on my dash, idk but I can't find anything else I like.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Autozone gauges!!! Lol what are the plans for the Mazda?
I working on getting it turbo'd. I bought the grand touring but they don't offer it in a manual, so I want to monitor temperatures before and after. Once I get it done I'll see how well the auto holds up and if it goes boom I'm going to swap the 6sp from the base in it.

I've been trying to get information on the ecu to see if I can just switch it and wire in the sensors for the manual trans or if I'm going to run into problems with other on-board electronics; I'll figure it out when the time comes.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Hold up, you're gonna turbo a Mazda 5 as in the minivan? Or a Protege 5?
Mazda 5, it's not a minivan it's a damn wagon! :lol:

And yes, I freakin love that car, it just needs more power. :D

94RS

No fucks given.
Call it what you want, but it replaced the MPV..... And just look at what Mazda calls it on their site :lol:

Jokes aside, I wanna see how this turns out. They always reminded me of the VW Touran.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
f*** I think I'm just going to end up getting one of the plx multi-gages. I'd rather not have a bunch of individual gages lined up on my dash, idk but I can't find anything else I like.
Hit up my girl. She used to work for PLX, she can probably get you a deal still