Hey guys

AcuraIn98

Rock out with my DOHC out
First of all, as you probly see im pretty new here, i am an team-integra.net member for couple months now.

heres my teg. my start to journy.

not the cleanest bay, im getting it cleaned soon. Im planning on a gsr engine swap in the summer. tell me what u think. this is a 98 gs. i started from stock, so this is my progress in last 5 months

Mods:
racing harts 17"
gauges
dc headers
aem cold air intake
ZEx nitrious kit
dc strut bar front and rear
cf hood
new cams ( update when i put them on this weekend)
gsr tranny
catback exhaust
3" exhaust pipe
zex spark plugs
carbon fiber mirors

The rest is pure stock. there is suspensions, i never really looked at them but there not stock to my knowledge * will update*

Last edited:

AcuraIn98

its a dry shot. and 75... my engine has 110,xxx and i thought a new engine better for a boosted car. My friend is a honda fanatic. and sayed he get me an engine for cheaper and do installation free.

AcuraIn98

trust me i want to boost, but i heard boost on older engines isnt so good. But yet im still doing research b4 i start that project. im 17 i got plenty of time ;-)

i have done a grs tranny swap 3" pipe, catback exhaust, dc headers... some internal work. but liek i said i got all the time in world to spoil my baby

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Just do a compression and leakdown test, your engine may still be healthy enough for boost. And I think the OE style CF hood would look much better

speedin

The Transporter
AcuraIn98 said:
its a dry shot. and 75... my engine has 110,xxx and i thought a new engine better for a boosted car. My friend is a honda fanatic. and sayed he get me an engine for cheaper and do installation free.
Ouch, should have gone wet on a 75. And I think GSR will be better. Because then you can go GSR Boosted 8)

AcuraIn98

the hood was a gift from my uncle. i think it looks pretty nice. but i am scoping my car to my personality and it fits it. thanx for the suggestion i'll do that next time im at the shop.

AcuraIn98

well wet shot i heard is harder on the engine. i am planning to sell it soon. i dont use it much.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
speedin said:
And I think GSR will be better. Because then you can go GSR Boosted 8)
For the price of the swap plus boosting it, it would be better to just build the current engine. Forged low compression pistons, forged rods and some new sleeves....etc.

Depends on how much you can get a B18C1 for though

AcuraIn98

came wit the car ... im not worried about the interoir or exteroir just yet. i want to wake the beast within the car first :-D

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
AcuraIn98 said:
the hood was a gift from my uncle. i think it looks pretty nice. but i am scoping my car to my personality and it fits it.
That's all that matters. If you like then to hell with everyone else's opinion. Your's is the one that counts

AcuraIn98

I heard time and time again, people can be described by the car they drive. And thats what im going for. i want to start off with the engine bay. move to the interoir, then last the exteroir. tho... angel eyes are on my to buy list.