how to remove wax off paint?

j13

Keep It Clean
How's it going everyone. I've washed and waxed my car only but I'm really wanting to get rid of all the old wax that the other owners put on. I have dabreez under the car wax I put on. My front bumber and hood has little bumps under the wax but ontop of the paint. How do I remove wax without damaging the paint?

Thanks for any input

speedin

The Transporter
Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). Its what they use for clear-bra to remove all the old wax. Get some and dilute it into a spray bottle. Use a 70% bottle(what they commonly sell it in) then mix it 30% alc and 70% water. Spray on rub off.

Last edited:

j13

Keep It Clean
Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). Its what they use for clear-bra to remove all the old wax. Get some and dilute it into a spray bottle. Use a 70% bottle(what they commonly sell it in) then mix it 30% alc and 70% water. Spray on rub off.
That's 100% safe?!?! Will it take off the wax only? I know rubbing alcohol can't strip paint just just making sure lol cool tip can't wait to try this..ill do it on the very bottom of the bumper...thanks!

j13

Keep It Clean
What do you guys think of Rubbing Compound?

I tried using Turtle Wax Polishing Compound but the grit is so fine it doesn't take off the wax

Last edited:

phatintegra

Banned
Meguire sell cleaner wax in a tiney red bottle (few inches tall). I get you the name since all my Meguires products are inside my parants garage.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
use a body scrub like meguires and that will do a pretty good job of taking it off. BUT remember... dont get started on this and stop in the middle. as soon as you take off the wax you have to put on a new layer

hollowfox

n yes its safe it i have about 7 layers of wax on my car lol that pic of my car is when it was dirty xD i waxed it so much its gotten to the point where i take a wet cloth n wipe it down n it looks mad fresh lmao

j13

Keep It Clean
use a body scrub like meguires and that will do a pretty good job of taking it off. BUT remember... dont get started on this and stop in the middle. as soon as you take off the wax you have to put on a new layer
Thanks for the tip man. it takes me about 2 hours for a quick wash, dry, spray on wax/wipe off. Ill be more than happy to spend 6 hours on this

j13

Keep It Clean
Meguire sell cleaner wax in a tiney red bottle (few inches tall). I get you the name since all my Meguires products are inside my parants garage.
How much does it cost?
Is it enough to do the whole car, with one bottle?

Thanks for the help pimpin

hollowfox

lmao dude its like doing a regular car wash wax itsnt realy "wax" its grease i use the grease cutting action crap n its completely safe those ppl r yankin ur chain..

hollowfox

naa its ok to do that but it wud be nice to take it off every 6-8 months they say a year but i dont think its true... i do car detailing so ive been thru that crap.. but mcguire's gold class wax is somthing to consider when waxing your car its about 20 bucks a bottle (i no freekin insane) but yes take a good brand of grease cutting soap and give ur car a nice scrubb down you can tell the wax is all gone when the car doenst bead water like crazy