How To: S2000 Push Button Start

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Okay sorry to go digging up a two year post but im dying to do this on my dc. I found a aftermarket kit for $30 on ebay for hondas with relay and all. How hard is it to do the mod? I am new to wiring and the diagram looked like japanese to me. I get that you have to splice the starter wire and run it through without running it straight to the button but other than that i have no idea what im doing

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Of course. I can wire it where it dosent use a key at all but then anyone can steal my car just by busting the window

96LSteg

Jemel
Of course. I can wire it where it dosent use a key at all but then anyone can steal my car just by busting the window
and that is exactly why its worthless. If it doesnt work like the new Nissans where you need to have the key fob within a certain range to use the start button, then it is worthless IMO

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
and that is exactly why its worthless. If it doesnt work like the new Nissans where you need to have the key fob within a certain range to use the start button, then it is worthless IMO
Same as half the mods on this site. Like changing led colors in the cluster....it dosent effect anything but its cool to have