HRubss DC4 LsV

OneFastGSR

Start the motor up and let it get to full operating temp and idle for 10 minutes, Than drain oil and change filter, Than take it for tune. If it idles at a terrible af/r or something get your tuner to give you a startup tune first

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
i went to a tuner shop and they told me that my ecu isnt good. told me that i should get a p28, it should fix my problem but it would not run as good as it should and then they can get a hondata s300 and tune it for me, cost about $550

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Cam rail bolts were not torqued because while we were torquing it to specs (1-10 20ft-lbs,11-14 7ft-lbs) first 2 bolts broke off ( we got them out and used the bolts that the head came with)
Things ive done^
Were those bolts OEM bolts that broke off?

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Were those bolts OEM bolts that broke off?

I ordered it off of the honda majestic website. They looked oem but we were surprised when they snapped.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Wow, I don't know why they sell weak bolts it they can't hold spec torque.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Alright, got a p72 and hooked it up. Engine ran perfect, wasn't rich but the idle was off so the rpm kept bouncing from 0-600. Took it out for spin, ran good, when I got to 5k rpm vtec didn't kick and engine wante to slow down, then I realized I wired it up for a p28.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Also when I put it in neutral right after driving it, car died. Pretty sure something is wrong with the idle

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Well, there you go guys. That's my lsvtec, hopefully this helps anybody out planning to do this build. It's frustrating but it's worth it. I just need to get a tune up for this car and the reason why the rpms were bouncing was because the iacv was dirty and there was a leak.

Sent from my iPhone 2g