I'm back! ..With another VSM DC4.

2kdb7

Love the car man. Makes me miss mine. After looking and the other cars before and after pics have you upgraded the brakes yet?

Army74D

gtavila_
congrats! haha, i need new pants after that last pic
Haha, thanks!

Here's the most recent one, taken two nights ago.

Unfortunately, the car does look better in pictures. But who's doesn't? Lol
It could use some very minor body work (door dings).. But the main thing is the radiator support needs to be replaced, which is also on my to do list and will be happening very soon. It's not toooo bad but you can see the small gap where the hood meets the bumper.. And I am a perfectionist, or try to be as much as possible. Haha

Love the car man. Makes me miss mine. After looking and the other cars before and after pics have you upgraded the brakes yet?
Thanks man!
The only thing I plan on changing as far as resistance is the rotors to some drilled & slotted ones, which I already have but don't care enough to actually put them on.

Anyway, I took a couple of weeks off of work due to an on the job injury and have yet to receive my workers comp pay check.. Or a regular paycheck since I've been back. Once the money starts coming in again, I plan on ordering my turbo parts and new wheel setup. I'm sure I'll have the wheels first, and soon.. But I'm hoping to be ready for boost by no later than the end of April (since the last day to file taxes is April 15th :p).

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_
Most recent purchases..
Rywire o2 sensor and 33" o2 extension.

I also purchased a denso downstream o2 sensor. :thumbs up

ES tuning muffler.
Still debating on putting it on..

I had $20 on my Autozone rewards card and used it towards an oil pressure gauge.
Better safe than sorry. 8)

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_
I need to get one of those oil pressure guages
It's cheap, easy to install and can save your motor..
Just sucks the g3 dash is so round and doesn't have a good place to mount the bracket without looking ricer.

So I've been looking into this for when I go boost.. One for oil, one for boost gauge.. :headbang:

Army74D

gtavila_
where are you going to mount your AFR guage?
I'm not even sure, I haven't spent much time yet looking for gauges. Any suggestions?

I'll probably end up cutting into the dash somewhere to mount the third gauge.. I'm not a fan of pillar pods and there's no other options really.

96LSteg

Jemel
You could always fab a block off plate for the space beneath the radio and mount all the gauges there

OneFastGSR

If you delete your cruise control you can put a gauge where you cruise control button was in your dash on the left of steering wheel

Army74D

gtavila_
That is a very clean engine bay! :like:

Thanks man!

If you delete your cruise control you can put a gauge where you cruise control button was in your dash on the left of steering wheel
Also thought about this and might go that route. Right now I have the gauge mounted on the ignition cover and don't mind it but the cruise control button location would be a lot better.

Army74D

gtavila_
Now I need advice on my next possible purchase.. An aftermarket throttle body.
What's a good SIZE for my basically stock and daily driven b18b1?
I'll be stock for a while but plan on running low boost in the future.
I've been looking at the Skunk2 alpha series or Blox due to price and the okay reputation of both brands.
Any input would be great.
Price of course is a factor but I want to get a good bang for the buck.

Skunk2 alpha 66mm?