ITR calipers vs Acura Legend 2 piston calipers

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
One of my calipers is going bad so instead of buying another LS caliper, i might was well upgrade to either itr calipers or legend calipers. Ill be using mini cooper rotors of course. So my questions is which of the two would be the better choice. The legend has 2 pistons but ive also read that the itr calipers bite harder than the legends. So which of the two would be a better choice?

Nick_C78

There is a reason why honda used the ITR calipers on the ITR vs the Legend calipers, which they could have done. Also, the ITR calipers are dirt cheap on rock auto.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
There is a reason why honda used the ITR calipers on the ITR vs the Legend calipers, which they could have done. Also, the ITR calipers are dirt cheap on rock auto.
OR!

if you are one who likes to do junk yard finds, the RA1 odyssey uses the same caliper...my poor DD will have integra brakes :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: AHAH! jk...

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
just to ask, do you guys know which would give a better stopping power?

Nick_C78

Stopping power really has more to do with the pad compound and temperature. The only way to know for sure aas to which caliper is better would be to do a back to back test, but meh. Logically, the Type R has the calipers it does for a reason. Honda could have just used the legend calipers, but they chose not to. I trust honda.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
would steel-braided lines and some good pads be a great upgrade?

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
so ive done some reading, and the legend calipers are basically nsx calipers. Wouldnt it be better to have the 2 piston then? ive made up my mind and chose the itr calipers, but i just want more info :)

Nick_C78

Sure man. Logically 2 is better than 1, but it is also overkill for our cars. Integras are light, thus you don't need crazy brakes. ITR will be more than enough(Which again is why honda put it on the ITR to begin with). As far as stopping power, the differences will be very minimal and probably won't even be noticeable. The difference will probably show up during an endurance race, but thats about it.

Last edited:

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
yeah 2 pistons is probably over kill and i probably wont be on the track anytime soon and the stopping power will probably minimal. Itr calipers will be more than enough. Thanks for the help.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
would steel-braided lines and some good pads be a great upgrade?

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.
The braided lines won't expand under pressure so the pedal will feel firmer and the brakes will be more responsive as a result. Depends on what you want but you probably won't feel much on the street with the steel braided lines. Pads are a good upgrade. Keep in mind that high performance pads usually create more dust. There might also be a bit more noise while braking, some pads can squeak if they're not up to temperature.