ITR calipers vs Acura Legend 2 piston calipers

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
Wonder if the spongy pedal was caused by using the bigger calipers with the stock master cylinder...I'm assuming the Legends and ITRs used a bigger MC for the bigger calipers?

2kdb7

ITR will more than likely be easier to install. And why use mini cooper rotors? Is the price better or better materials?

Nick_C78

You guys are over thinking the rotors. We use Mini Cooper rotors because the fit and don't require any drilling(already 4x100). This means we can warranty them out after track days.

Nick_C78

Don't get me wrong. If you guys want to rock Legend calipers go for it. They are technically "better" in terms of dual piston vs single. I am not sure how the fitment is vs the two though or pad choice. I honestly gave very little thought to legend calipers, because I simply don't need anything crazy. ITR works and has been proven by fellow track buddies. I found no reason to be different. However, I did have to buy new wheels, because my old wheels didn't fit over my itr brakes. Keep that in mind. In fact I am still on mismatched wheels :p So if that is the case for the ITR calipers, I imagine it is similar for Legend. Pay attention to your spoke design and offset or else you'll end up like me and need different wheels to clear the brakes.

2kdb7

I know the legend calipers require slight shaving and needs prelude size rotors which means bigger rims. I was thinking of doing this when I first got it. But never had time or money.