Kurado's Lucky Charm "Smiley"

Kurado

I've been around for quite a while. My 3rd Integra. (1996 automatic LS and 1990 5-speed prior)
Reviving the thread from my old post
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=80795

I just graduated from CSULB in Computer Engineering. Now I have time to go back to what I love doing, throwing money at my love (my 2nd gf). I've been MIA from the forums but now I'm back and I hope you guys are still around because you all are my support group in this scene. So let's get going! I hope to update every week so I appreciate comments, constructive criticism, and hangouts!

Specifications
1994 Acura Integra RS 3-door
Clean Title
5-Speed

Power
Stock < 142 bhp, < 127 lb-ft

Engine
B18B1
Golden Eagle Cam Seal
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
2.5" Crushed Bent Custom Piping
2005 RSX Type-S Muffler

Drivetrain
B16A2 five-speed transmission
ACT Prolite Flywheel
Stanton Automotive Stage 1 Clutch
Ebay Short Throw Shifter
T1R Titanium Shift Knob

Engine Management
Stock

Cooling System (1/2016)
Mishimoto 2-Core Aluminum Radiator
Mishimoto Slim Fans and Shrouds
Mishimoto Racing Thermostat & Fan Switch
Mishimoto Silicone Hoses

Footwork & Chassis
Function & Form Type 1 Coilovers
Function7 Lower Control Arms
Function7 Spherical Bearings
Generic Rear Strut Bar

Brakes
Ceramic Brake Pads
Rotorwork Drilled/Slotted Front Rotors
Brembo Slotted Rear Rotors

Wheels & Tires
Buddy Club P1 Racing SF 15x6.5 Matte Black
205/50/15 Kumho Ecsta AST

Exterior
98-01 USDM Front w/ Wings West Front Lip

Interior
NRG 2.0 Quick Release Orange Body
Primary: MOMO Millenium Leather Steering Wheel
Secondary: NRG Suede Steering Wheel w/ Red Stitching
Working Horn!

Current Issues
Frame damage in front at radiator support, resulting in non-flush front.
Rust on driver side fender.
Paint wear and tear.
Bushings taking a toll after 270k+ miles.

Future Goals
AutoX/Track Ready
Fix leaks for next track event
JDM Front with USDM Support for legal sanctioned events?
Fix A/C maybe? It's been broken FOREVER.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Yup, original miles.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Last edited:

Kurado

This gem in the garage that's been sitting for a few years.

Kept this in storage for a while among other goodies... more to come...

Last edited:

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Been on here for 9 years and only have 20 posts?! How's that even possible :lol:. Yeah pictures arent showing up. Upload them to Photobucket and post the IMG code into the text box here!

Kurado

I'm not seeing any pics...
Sorry, just changed it from Dropbox to Photobucket. Dropbox has been mean to me.

Been on here for 9 years and only have 20 posts?! How's that even possible :lol:. Yeah pictures arent showing up. Upload them to Photobucket and post the IMG code into the text box here!
Hahahaha, I've been more active on dso.org and ti.net. But I keep most of my information researched on here. Promise I'll post a lot more in the future! Let me know if the pictures come out all right.

Kurado

B16A2 since my stock tranny hit a rock and tore a hole.

Just because.

Front lip that needs repaint. Going for this for now until I decide on JDM front.

Kurado

Just came in the mail today. :clap:

I guess they match the helmet.

I actually wear driving gloves because I have hand eczema and the heat/sweat tends to flare up my fingers. Really crappy as an programmer. But it fits well according to their website. Can't wait to use this at the next event. Perhaps I can write a review on them when I find out the best way to maintain/clean them.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i used OMP gloves and currently use Alpine Stars. Reverse stitched gloves are the shit. Look for some reverse stiched stuff next time. I was mine by hand in warm water with woolite.

Kurado

i used OMP gloves and currently use Alpine Stars. Reverse stitched gloves are the s***. Look for some reverse stiched stuff next time. I was mine by hand in warm water with woolite.
Thanks. I'll look into that on my next purchase after the Racequips wear out. They fit fine, slightly bigger than snugged on the tips but the grip is fine. The price I paid were $50 for SFI approved.

Unloading the storage. Can anyone identify these? Received from a forum buddy a few years back. Not even sure if they're reliable. Perhaps generic?

Surface rust/CANCER on the top. Guy who sold it to me was living in the snowy/ice areas. I may just invest in an aftermarket ECU cover like BWR or generic.

Had this lying around for my d-series way back when. Never used it. The GSR motor IIRC is OBD2a. Could prove useful to go down to OBD1 especially since my chassis is 1994. My friend was telling me something about changing the distributor and among other things. Back to researching.

Kurado

Happy New Years everyone! I've been crazy busy since I moved away to the desert. El Toro events are coming up and I want to get ready to get some seat time in on the stock motor before I consider the swap.

Update. Picked this up during Black Friday 2015.

Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
Slim Fans + Shrouds
Racing Thermostat
Fan Switch [mine was broken for a year]
Silicone Hoses
ALL LIFETIME WARRANTY!

The brackets look off, but I bent them into place.

I have same number of bolts and washers, but couldn't use them all. Overall straight forward installation.

Before photo. Taking the radiator off wasn't a big deal. Thermostat and fan switch was slightly difficult.

Side-by-side comparison

Installed! The silicone hoses were a PITA to install! The top bottom hose connecting to the back of the motor would NOT fit for the life of me. I had to make a small 2mm slit with a razor to get it fastened and clamped on. I'll get better pictures someday when everything is cleaned up.

DRIVING ISSUES
I drove this setup to the desert (~170 miles) with no issues. However, the temperature gauge never hit middle for normal operation. It was 1/3 from the cold side almost always or drops to C; I'm thinking since the racing thermostat opens at lower temperature (68C instead of normal 78C = 50 degrees difference!), it's running cooler, but affecting my mileage and power. I'm considering switching to a stock thermostat if I'm not running bolt-ons that increase temperature like in racing applications. Any feedback or input is appreciated.