light performance increase

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
**Insert high hp sticker comment here**

I know its fun to be different on a motor build, but can I ask why you're against vtec or boost?

I watched a friend that is/was dead set on keeping her D16 supercharged in the civic, but making as much power as possible. she ended up spending upwards of 15k on her engine to only end up making 190 hp with a decent amount of heat problems.

I know the non-vtec B isnt a D series, and I know you're steering away from turbo, but:
A.) for a reason or a challenge?
and
B.) how about considering a supercharger?

also displacement change will help. I know its not a big umph, but I have a B20 in my car, and you can feel a difference between that and stock non-vtec motor, plus the "No replacement for displacement" motto comes into play

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Well I'm glad you ask. I have always considered supercharging my teg but am a little scared of heat issues. Now in response to vtec, I have a 91gs with a 2000 civic si jdm b16a, ctr cams, 4puck, I/h/e, fully programmed ecu, 2step, all the little goodies, so I'd like to go another route with this one, ls all motor beast, and I'm sure you can tell that my next project is going to be Turbo, but for now I'd like to just do the factory motor on crack lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Super charging with a Upgraded cooling system from Mishimoto will keep your car nice and cool. Mishimoto has a team member with a time attack evo running a half sized dual core radiator and it keeps it cool. :thumbs up

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
have you considered juice?

With a build, that might be the extra kick needed.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
How much juice can I push without popping a stock motor, or just with cams and springs, with a proper tune of course

mirrorimg

Building a non-vtec is more about the consistent torque curve and higher initial power than the peak power. You need to keep that in mind when putting this thing together.

Remember to clay the motor so you know how much you can degree the cams without piston-to-valve contact.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Get a shocker sticker or two and call it a day.

Jason and Dylan know what they're talking about so you're in good hands.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
What is claying the motor? And I already have the shocker stickers at home ha ha you're such a smart ass spark

Cripton805

i assume you want 180whp. Either a Type R motor swap, or a turbo will yeild those results a b18a build with NA parts will not yeild the power you want
x2

You can get that, but it won't be easy and it would be even cheaper to buy a swap and build that.
You would have money left over rather than building that B18A

Trust me dude. I had a DA

If you want to beat some GSR's, just build the head for about 1k and wield 150whp.

Go turbo or you won't see that 180whp mark cheap, not even resonable.
You will never get the power you want in a Non-Vtec Integra N/A build.

You can go supercharged for more torque on an LS

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
What is claying the motor? And I already have the shocker stickers at home ha ha you're such a smart ass spark
well ya put clay in it to check the clearences. any machine shop will do it for you

x2

You can get that, but it won't be easy and it would be even cheaper to buy a swap and build that.
You would have money left over rather than building that B18A

Trust me dude. I had a DA

If you want to beat some GSR's, just build the head for about 1k and wield 150whp.

Go turbo or you won't see that 180whp mark cheap, not even resonable.
You will never get the power you want in a Non-Vtec Integra N/A build.

You can go supercharged for more torque on an LS
he explained his reasons. I would still like to build my b1 but oh wells this new motor is gonna be fun :twisted:

Cripton805

well ya put clay in it to check the clearences. any machine shop will do it for you

he explained his reasons. I would still like to build my b1 but oh wells this new motor is gonna be fun :twisted:
Don't get me wrong, they are great motors and I LOVE the torque on those.

They are capable of beating GSR's with more WHP. The torque can be beasty, but you will run into a brick wall alot quicker.