light performance increase

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Its up to the tuner and the ECU if he were to go that route, a AEM or Hondata S300 would be the best bet, that with a set of 403 cams maybe he could get those numbes

Cripton805

Wondering if he bump the compression up to 11:1-11:6 and throw ITBs and a good tune on a Non-VTEC motor. He may reach those numbers or maybe not. I wonder.....
I would say that's getting to danger zone. Definately not for DD.

High Compression, Crazy cams, ITB's... driving it around would suck

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Well, I just had a slightly annoying issue, cracked coil. Replaced it, then two blocks down the road, it stopped working again. Somehow I popped the coil again, replaced that, she seems to be running fine now. I have this feeling that the Guy I got the car from did something to it. It's way more powerful than my old ls motor. It only has intake and a skunk 2 Mega power muffler. She chirps 2nd on a hot dry day. I have good falkens on my car so she should grip. But I'm ok with the power :).

Jason-

I work 60hrs a week, so I can only do one part at a time, what should I do first as far as that list goes?

Well, I just had a slightly annoying issue, cracked coil. Replaced it, then two blocks down the road, it stopped working again. Somehow I popped the coil again, replaced that, she seems to be running fine now. I have this feeling that the Guy I got the car from did something to it. It's way more powerful than my old ls motor. It only has intake and a skunk 2 Mega power muffler. She chirps 2nd on a hot dry day. I have good falkens on my car so she should grip. But I'm ok with the power :).

Jason-

I work 60hrs a week, so I can only do one part at a time, what should I do first as far as that list goes?
Sounds like a regular LS to me...

mirrorimg

Theres two things you can do.

-Build the motor you have
-Buy a bare short block (or one with some miles on it for cheap) and build that up.

Working a lot definitely impacts how much time you have for the project. Money is the other issue. I fortunately had a spare car to drive around during my initial rebuild, but even then I made sure I had just about everything before really getting started. When I built my head (since everything in it was getting replaced) I bought a P8R head off of a local forum and that sat on my desk for about 8 months until it was finished, then I bolted it on.

I would say to lay out everything you want to do, then group things together (block, head, other). Pretty much make a shopping list, and include the machine work you plan on having done (decking the block, resurfacing the head, pistons pressed onto rods, bore/hone, etc). Once you get that, you can decide what you want to do first.

Doing "one part at a time" doesnt work with building an engine, unless it is just bolt ons.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
My only concern is is losing interest in the project. I know these things take time, but I'm the type of person to just buy something else if it takes too long, I might just cave in and go boosted if it's not finished by summer

Cripton805

My only concern is is losing interest in the project. I know these things take time, but I'm the type of person to just buy something else if it takes too long, I might just cave in and go boosted if it's not finished by summer
You cant build a high compression N/a engine and the decide you want to boost. You have to pick the route and stick too it inless you want to be swapping parts left and right

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I know, I'm saying that if I can't get all my ducks in a row by summer to do the build, I'll just boost it, or buy that b17 off that Guy that wants to swap the ls in to his 91 teg, shit, I'll give him my ls +$500 any day

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Alright, step one is finished, I just passed emissions and got plates on her, step two is in the mail (I/h/e), step 3 is also in the mail (tax refund), waiting on step three to do step four (buy parts), anyone near Denver on here? Could really use a fellow CI member for face to face advice