Mirrorimg's build thread

mirrorimg

Made brackets for some signals I got from the junkyard today. Any one want to guess what car they are from? They dont use a full size blinker bulb, so I am going to have to splice my signal wire so connect to it :( Will have pictures of it mounted tomorrow.

ATEGGY94

Ask and you shall receive. Since I had to fix the outer mounting tab and didnt have an integra tab to replace it with, the tab is taller than I would have liked and hits the corner of the hood, leaving it sticking up slightly. The top of the high beam also makes some contact with the hood.

This is currently not mounted, just resting in the opening. I made some brackets for the passenger light and will copy them to make a bracket for the drivers side. I still need to get some corner lights to mount beside them for signals. Its not pretty :) 'll have better pictures this weekend when I have time to work on it in the daylight.

lolololololol

XjoEnX

Love this DB. So, how often do you have to go through inspections?

mirrorimg

Annually. So I wont have to worry about it too much, I pretty much have taking things apart on this car down to a science.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
looks like a cut portion of a 98-01 teg turn signal? any hows, this is gonna be a one of :thumbs up

u should stroll up to a meet like that... folks are gonna be like WTF?!?!? haha

mirrorimg

If Bryant checked this thread he probably would be able to tell. Its the outer portion of a maxima turn signal.

And here are the fruits of my labor. Laughs are welcome :) I had to raise the latch because the hood hits the headlights. The headlights also rest on the top of the bumper because theres not enough room for them to "float" in the opening.

mirrorimg

Im surprised by it as well, but it certainly is goofy.

Headlights and signals are DOT now. All of the lights work (I didnt bother aiming them so I hope they dont screw me on that). The low beam adjustment is super hard to get to haha. The other thing... the low beams do not turn off when the high beams are engaged. I believe there's another wire in the harness that controls that but I think it would be a headache to get that to work. Those are the only reasons as to why they would fail me :(

We will find out tomorrow!

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I think that could actually look pretty nice if you have them a singular housing and lense over all the lights, call me crazy but it looks pretty cool haha :what:

mirrorimg

I think that could actually look pretty nice if you have them a singular housing and lense over all the lights, call me crazy but it looks pretty cool haha :what:
Trying to encase these in a larger housing probably wouldnt look so great. But youre welcome to try it :)

News on the inspection...

FAILED.

The inspector wasnt there to explain to me why, but the worker who had to jump the car because they left the lights on told me it was because of the headlight. When I explained the situation, he informed me he was talking about the BULBS. The freaking BULBS. I have HIDs which I had never given a thought about...

Its not as simple as just swapping the bulb for an OEM one because the HID uses a ballast and the connectors are different.. so my plan is now to go to the junkyard, get the wiring harness and bulb from a 94-01 integra and use that. I will have to figure out if the PO utilized a plug on the car further upstream in the wiring or if he hacked into the wires and spliced in the ballast. Time to pull fenders :???: (I am going to leave the USDM lights on just to be safe, but next year I am just going to swap the bulbs and see what happens)