Mirrorimg's build thread

mirrorimg

SUCCESS! I turned on the headlights on my way home, they are aimed way up. I will have to go back to the JDM headlights soon. Unfortunately its now raining.

mirrorimg

congrats!.... now you can charge people $100 to barrow the setup to pass, lol
hah, that's about what it cost me in the end.

Next year, i'm just going to put the halogens in and try it again. I have a feeling all I had to do was get DOT bulbs.

mirrorimg

Not much has happened with the integra, or the truck for that matter. I finally have something to update.

Im burning oil, have been since the last bottom end was rebuilt and put in. I'm figuring its my valve seals since I made a mistake when I put them in initially the first time around. Ive been meaning to for a while, but I just recently jbwelded me a DIY valve spring compressor. I am going to replace the seals without pulling the motor in a couple weeks when I have some space in the garage. Here is a picture of it bolted to a spare head I have in the garage.

I also bought a media blaster from harbor freight, and media from northern tool. I dont plan on using this on the truck (floor pans are rusty) until I have a spray gun to lay some primer down afterwards. I thought about rattlecanning after, but I figure I can get some practice with a spray gun before I paint the entire truck down the road.

And this is the latest addition. I bought a 240sx today. Its a 1991 with a KA24DE and auto tranny. I plan on taking the subframe, front suspension, motor, and wiring harness from it and parting the rest out. Those will go into the truck, and I will pick up a manual tranny and ECU somewhere else. They dont seem to be very expensive. The 4 lug wont be on the truck. I will end up getting 5lug hubs and rotors when resources allow.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Hey Jason! Any updates? Thanks so much for keeping such a detailed build thread. I've been doing research on the P8R head and am planning on picking one up from a friend very soon. Your write-up on it was very helpful. Thanks bro! :thumbs up

mirrorimg

Hey Jason! Any updates? Thanks so much for keeping such a detailed build thread. I've been doing research on the P8R head and am planning on picking one up from a friend very soon. Your write-up on it was very helpful. Thanks bro! :thumbs up
Been a while Matt. I dont get on here much anymore. I actually just replaced all of my valve seals (last night) and my water pump. Been burning oil and hope that the new seals resolve that. I would hate to have to pull the motor again to replace the rings or replace the block... I used compressed air to hold up the valves, and cyl 1's intake valves arent sealing completely. Im thinking one may be bent (though I dont have a plan to actually look into it :???: )
The 240 sx you see above looks a little different now, see below. :)

Some of the JB weld on my DIY compressor cracked and the nut came free, so I cut it in half to use the more solid section.

And the 240 has been completely gutted. All of the wiring harnesses are out, everything from under the dash, the steering column, interior panels, seats, relays and switches, etc. Motor is sitting on a tire in the garage, the subframe with suspension next to it. I also took out the rear glass on the driver-side, and the tarp is on it because the hatch is off. The car sits on a pallet with wheels and I have someone interested in it.

If you have any questions about the P8R, feel free to get a hold of me on Facebook.

My plan is to now sell all I can from the 240 to make some money back (and free up much needed room), pull the motor out of my truck, put the KA in, and start fabbing up the suspension. The Integra isnt going to see much work now, just routine maintenance.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

Been a long time since my last update. Probably going to be the same after this.

I wanted to follow up on my State inspection drama. I was due this month so I put my headlight plan into action. Since I had made the HID plug-n-play, I simply disconnected it and put my halogens in. Since my fog lights are wired directly, I had to remove the bulbs because they do not turn off when the high beams are enabled. With these two things, and some simple marker bulbs that went out, I passed inspection no problem.

So the issue was never the headlight housing, but simply that my HID kit didnt say DOT on the bulbs.

mirrorimg

Been a while, but I have had to do some work on the car so I figured I would share. There some exhaust issues and it got quite noisy with my muffler's perforated tube getting clogged up from burnt oil. I decided to get a DC2 ITR muffler and make it work on my sedan... So much quieter. The tip didnt come out to the bumper, so I stretched it out. Fortunate that there was an inner tubing I could slide it on, but its still a tad short. I ordered a longer tip, same design, that I will install when it arrives.

I also put a cat on since the header is longer than stock and I have had a test pipe on for a while.

mirrorimg

Great updates! Welcome back Jason!
Thanks Matt. I wouldnt consider this a return, but I figure significant (to me) updates would be worth sharing in case anyone else find something they may do themselves.

I did something I have been putting off for a LONG time today. I bought the car and it was missing a trunk spring, those 2 bars that form an X to open the trunk. One was enough to take most of the heft from the lid, but if the car was on an incline, that thing would slam shut with a quickness.

I bought the spring about 2 years ago... and instead of buying the tool to install it with, I waited until now to make my own. Now all thats needed is to get the plastic separator to keep the bars from rubbing across one another.

I also put on a new muffler tip, to bring it all the way to the bumper.

mirrorimg

Managed to get a good deal on a B18C1. It will need the intake manifold and fuel rail, along with whatever sensors wont swap from my LS. I will use my current throttle body, since it should bolt right up.

It will be some time until its ready to go in, and I will need an OBD1 ECU as well.