My Build Thread

gsr_nikhil

Unfortunately I don't have anything to update but I feel like I'm stuck. I want more oomph out of my car but don't know which mod/mods to do next...

Things I've been suggested to do:
-New wheels (RPF1's)
-Tune with my current set up as described on page one
-Build my valvetrain

Any input will be appreciated

99TegLs

stage 1 cams. (Brian crower are my favorite)
upgraded valve-springs (not dual), (not titanium)
Valve job (lash adjustment, seating, ect)
Port Matching (Google or Search will be your friend!)
91 or 93 octane tune (you choose =) )
If you do all this, correctly, it should net you ~35hp on the conservative side. This depends on the grind of the cams you choose, and the tune you go with. Remember that this will lower your MPG's some. Something to watch out for as a poor college student!

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Conservative???...? Thats not even on the table. Thats so far off the table i cant think of something witty so i'll put a smiley face. :mrgreen:

Define oomph. Each man's oomph is different from another and depending on your desires, will cost different amounts. Choose the wrong combination and you end up with 00 mph.

gsr_nikhil

stage 1 cams. (Brian crower are my favorite)
upgraded valve-springs (not dual), (not titanium)
Valve job (lash adjustment, seating, ect)
Port Matching (Google or Search will be your friend!)
91 or 93 octane tune (you choose =) )
If you do all this, correctly, it should net you ~35hp on the conservative side. This depends on the grind of the cams you choose, and the tune you go with. Remember that this will lower your MPG's some. Something to watch out for as a poor college student!
Thank you for the suggestion! I'll definitely look into this.

Conservative???...? Thats not even on the table. Thats so far off the table i cant think of something witty so i'll put a smiley face. :mrgreen:

Define oomph. Each man's oomph is different from another and depending on your desires, will cost different amounts. Choose the wrong combination and you end up with 00 mph.
Lol I realize oomph is a blanket statement. But I just want a little more power out of my b18. 10-15 whp should make me feel better for now

R13

The other asshole
Omg me too. If you don't slow the 60 to 24 or 30(what's its meant to be used for) it looks like shit
Lol I used to think that with my gopro, Play pc games at 60+ fps for a little while and you won't be able to stand anything below 50fps.

giLDC4

Slow&Low
I too was a broke college kid. But then I transferred to another school with a better program and that freed up monies.
same thing I am going thru.

by the way clean integra. Looks great I would rock it like that if I were you for a while. save on some funds. My integra doesn't even run, I really regret selling my old one. Need to get mine fixed sometime soon. You should add some stage 1 cams. Maybe an aftermarket intake manifold and throttle body. gL on your build, and a word of advice; take your time, don't rush your build. There will be times were you wished you had all these endless things for your teg, but just be really grateful for what you have.. and that it is running.. lol some of us can't say that.

Last edited: