New track how do I get on?

2kdb7

So Kansas Speedway just remodeled and added a road course and I'm wondering how I would go about getting to drive it/ setting up a track day or finding a schedule.I've been to the website and got nowhere. I called and they said the only way to get on the track is the petty racing school. I'm pretty sure she was thinking I was talking about the NASCAR oval and when I mentioned track day she said I don't know what that is sir. So how do u west coast guys do it.

Last edited:

2kdb7

Cool. We only have one strip one oval and every thing else is dirt not much to work with

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Local tracks on the east coast are outrageous with prices. $350 day minimum + fees sometimes.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Tell me about it, good thing I'm close to the Smokys :) Even if I get a ticket it'll be a cheaper day :lol:

R13

The other asshole
I called Road Atlanta a few weeks back to see about a track day and they told me $500, I'd rather put that money in my teg.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I called Road Atlanta a few weeks back to see about a track day and they told me $500, I'd rather put that money in my teg.
Yea last I was there was back in 2004, took my S13 and a freinds FD down for some time attack. I think it was a $250 entrance fee.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
It depends on what group you go with. Speedways have open test days, but that's open track all day, as far as I know; so that is obviously pricey for that. When you go with groups like SCCA or NASA, the cost is usually less. Well known tracks like Infineon, Road Atlanta, etc. will usually be more, because the track rental fee is more than tracks like Buttonwillow

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Honestly I feel it's fucked up that they rape on prices but I kinda get it. Most race tracks are booked every weekend throughout the year, for local clubs to reserve them they need to pay an arm and a leg, which of course skyrockets the price of admission.

The cost to operate most of these places is atronomical, the measely amount of cash they make renting out a weekend prob isn't even worth the trouble. Honestly for them to do it at all astounds me, so I will give them credit for at least attempting to support amateur racers.

It sucks for us though because to improve driving at a race like limit is nearly impossible on publc roads, even being able to run full out on empty mountain passes only does so much good, going to a track is worth 10x more the experience.

This is why I choose to do autocross, for what I can afford it provides the greatest level of training, maybe not as good as track days, but I feel if I can improve greatly on basics for $20 a day then I will be able to achieve more when I pay $300 for a track weekend.

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Its $250 for a single day at Road America or $375 for the weekend.

So one of the best tracks ON THE PLANET for $187.50 per day? Fckyea.

If I can get the Fit sold by June or so..I'll sign up for the weekend :baulin:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
$300 for a weekend is joog, for a day it's a bit pricey. I usually pay around $200 up to $250 for a day. Track rentals are like $5k per day, from my understanding

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
$300 for a weekend is joog, for a day it's a bit pricey. I usually pay around $200 up to $250 for a day. Track rentals are like $5k per day, from my understanding
I meant $300 a day, that's for a super cheap track during some really crowded special event. You guys on the west coast have it made, it's not like that over here.