questions about engine set up for scca

xZachTheRipper8

me and my buddy are looking at joining the scca to do some solo events and club racing, ive been reading the rulebook and I understand most of im going to set up my car up for the street modified group as far as suspension and aero, but my question is, im building an lsvtec set up right now and im not sure if I can use it or not in the street modified group. does anyone know if I can or not?

OLDSKOOLACURA

me and my buddy are looking at joining the scca to do some solo events and club racing, ive been reading the rulebook and I understand most of im going to set up my car up for the street modified group as far as suspension and aero, but my question is, im building an lsvtec set up right now and im not sure if I can use it or not in the street modified group. does anyone know if I can or not?
I believe you can, but I'm not 100%. I've heard guys running a whole bunch of different setups and they never had a problem.

Posted from my garage

xZachTheRipper8

okay cool, ive been googling it and as all things on google I can never really get a straight answer but I will continue to search to find out.

OLDSKOOLACURA

You could always send a email out to them.

Posted from my garage

xZachTheRipper8

I think ive finally found out that I should beable to run it in the street modified, but they are having an event on the 29th so me and my friend are going to go out and watch and maybe do ride alongs

OLDSKOOLACURA

I think ive finally found out that I should beable to run it in the street modified, but they are having an event on the 29th so me and my friend are going to go out and watch and maybe do ride alongs
Sounds good, while you are there ask tons of questions. Better yet before you go, write down the questions so you remember

Posted from my garage

xZachTheRipper8

that I will sir ahah thanks for the idea!! im super excited about it and I cant wait to get my integra running again ahha and for some reason my mom thinks ill end up blowing my motor -_- my step dad putting ideas in her head hah oh well

OLDSKOOLACURA

that I will sir ahah thanks for the idea!! im super excited about it and I cant wait to get my integra running again ahha and for some reason my mom thinks ill end up blowing my motor -_- my step dad putting ideas in her head hah oh well
Yep, is this your only car?

Lol, my teg when it's done won't be allowed to do scca races, but I can still do track days. I can't wait

Posted from my garage

xZachTheRipper8

sadly it is my only car :( haha but ive been driving my moms van back and forth to work because my teg is gonna be sitting for awhile haha

OLDSKOOLACURA

sadly it is my only car :( haha but ive been driving my moms van back and forth to work because my teg is gonna be sitting for awhile haha
Once you get it running, I wouldn't go all out until you get a beater for daily driving, or have cash ready for when it needs fixed. Especially tires, fluid, brakes, etc

Posted from my garage

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you are most likely in SMF for auto x.

as far as road racing, you are getting ahead of yourself. You are doing open track days not club racing.

xZachTheRipper8

Once you get it running, I wouldn't go all out until you get a beater for daily driving, or have cash ready for when it needs fixed. Especially tires, fluid, brakes, etc

Posted from my garage
I work at firestone lol so I get all that stuff either free or on a discount, I do all my own work so im not worried about any of that, but I think by the time I get my car back together and running ill probably end up buying my stepdads sentra from him for daily use, ive managed to make it all of summer up until my motor gave in, without ac and it kinda sucks, especially with triple digit lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I work at firestone lol so I get all that stuff either free or on a discount, I do all my own work so im not worried about any of that, but I think by the time I get my car back together and running ill probably end up buying my stepdads sentra from him for daily use, ive managed to make it all of summer up until my motor gave in, without ac and it kinda sucks, especially with triple digit lol
You will be fine if its just auto x. I have lots of reasons why you should do like 2-3 years of auto x.