questions about engine set up for scca

xZachTheRipper8

you are most likely in SMF for auto x.

as far as road racing, you are getting ahead of yourself. You are doing open track days not club racing.
I figured I would be sm or smf but I wasn't sure, I just wanted to clarify, and as for the open track days, our region in texas for scca has a texas motorspeedway for the cone course and then we also have a road course that well get to go too, is that still just considered track day?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
if youre not racing wheel to wheel, or competing, its a track day. So you pay a fee, and are allowed to go on track and have fun. Everyone pays the same fee, and you point them by so you dont hold them up. Track days and racing involves a lot of non verbal communication. You all pay the same fee to have fun, why hold anyone up? You most certainly dont want to be held up. If you watch the videos in my build thread, i think the last page, you can see what i mean, people point me by, i point them by. If its a friend, we will play with each other but for the most part ill point people by.

NASA makes it more obvious youre not doing any racing because they make you do different things before you get your comp license like HPDE 1-4.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
if youre not racing wheel to wheel, or competing, its a track day. So you pay a fee, and are allowed to go on track and have fun. Everyone pays the same fee, and you point them by so you dont hold them up. Track days and racing involves a lot of non verbal communication. You all pay the same fee to have fun, why hold anyone up? You most certainly dont want to be held up. If you watch the videos in my build thread, i think the last page, you can see what i mean, people point me by, i point them by. If its a friend, we will play with each other but for the most part ill point people by.

NASA makes it more obvious youre not doing any racing because they make you do different things before you get your comp license like HPDE 1-4.
about how much does it cost you to go to a open track day? Around me it's like $150

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
about how much does it cost you to go to a open track day? Around me it's like $150
Depends on the track, but I try and spend about $150 before i purchase timing which ranges from $20-$25. Im considering buying my own.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
No one on this site except maybe the circle track drivers have nearly the safety needed to do wheel to wheel competition. Spettero is building an NB for spec miata, but I dont think his cage is complete yet. Hes the only one I know that is going to get his competition license in the near future. Track days are fun. Ive met a lot of people at them, and have become really good friends with them. Biggest tip is be modest. You dont know everything, you arent the fastest, and always be open to suggestions. Nick4dei always busts my balls about stuff, but you know what? I take what he says and apply it to my driving. Thats why ive been able to cut down lap times by a few seconds each time i go out to the track, even on hot days.

Nick_C78

Nick4dei always busts my balls about stuff, but you know what? I take what he says and apply it to my driving. Thats why ive been able to cut down lap times by a few seconds each time i go out to the track, even on hot days.
Thatta boy.

xZachTheRipper8

hahah I definitely understand what your saying and not to rude or anything but I am always modest hah with everything I do because I sure they hell don't know everything about everything and ill admit it aha im not afraid to ask questions if I don't know, and I love when people try to help me improve myself and my knowledge, that's one thing I like about this forum, for the most part people are very helpful and willing to help out the most they can ahah

I work for firestone as a tech and im always watching the other guys with their tickets so I can learn how to do something and im always asking for help when I need it aha

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Just do ride alongs with people and have people comment on your driving. Like when I say people I mean people who you trust their feed back. Others I take with a grain of salt. Or I try to take out of the game. Lol #oops sorry nick! Nick4dei gives good feed back on videos most of the time, so does jdmxdb8. I suggest staying away from people who tell you while your driving how to take x corner. I think the best instructors will sit with you, be quiet unless you don't see something big like a car flipped in the distance. Once the ride is over they will give you feed back. That's the best way IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

xZachTheRipper8

sounds good! you guys are definitely a big help! im getting excited to get my car running and back on the road, not only for driving at the track but I need something to relieve my stress and nothing better then ripping threw gears flying down the highway lol

OLDSKOOLACURA

sounds good! you guys are definitely a big help! im getting excited to get my car running and back on the road, not only for driving at the track but I need something to relieve my stress and nothing better then ripping threw gears flying down the highway lol
Better post pictures when you do a track day

Posted from my garage

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
go through my videos and of my peers. We all have different driving styles. Ive been told i am very smooth (as i dont flail at the wheel...nick thinks i will when im going faster, but i highly doubt it) OG is a lot more agressive at the wheel and so is Zawn. Nick4dei im not sure of and i forget how jdmxdb8 drives. Bigmac88 is also very very smooth.