"Real" Wheels

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
A "real" wheel doesn't have to be forged. IMO, a "real" wheel is an orignal and not a copy of another wheel.
exactly. Most gram lights are cast wheels for example, still made by RAYS

Konig do have some wheels that are original to their own designs, but they do also copy wheels like the CE28N and the RPF1. Unlike Rota where all the wheels on their lineup are copies of other original wheels.
did not know that. But to be fair its hard to make an original design for a wheel that is structurally sturdy.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
That's a reason I'm trying to break the habit of saying "real"; it's very misleading and people get defensive, for good reason, when someone refers to their wheels as "fake". I prefer the term "replica" or "s***" wheel
I say copy, fake, replica, and wannabe. :lol:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
exactly. Most gram lights are cast wheels for example, still made by RAYS

did not know that. But to be fair its hard to make an original design for a wheel that is structurally sturdy.
Yup! Look at the ADVAN RG II and the Work Emotion CR-Kai. Both are cast wheels that have been copied.

Why do you think the TE37 is most popular wheel to be copied? It's a timeless design, that is also has great structural rigidity and strength.

94rs-gharp

Honestly there arent too many ways to design a rim with out copying or looking like another rim its like movies the genres arent but so many lol especially when you are going for function not just a crazy asss designer 18 inch wheel that has arrowheads poking off or looks like jagged edges and shit

jasonh8806

A lot of good advice. I do have a question about a specific wheel that someone is selling locally. It's the Black Racing Pro N1's. I found some info and read that they are cast but I also saw that they have some relation to 5Zigen

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
A lot of good advice. I do have a question about a specific wheel that someone is selling locally. It's the Black Racing Pro N1's. I found some info and read that they are cast but I also saw that they have some relation to 5Zigen
Black Racing is legit. I remember wanting the N1s back when I was 15 without a car...

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I think they're a decent entry-level track wheel, haven't heard much about them, so it's hard to say. They seem a bit heavy though