rsx vs type-r

blackgsr

hey im gettin a new car in bout 1yr & i dont really know if i want a rsx type-s or a teg type-r.what do yall think about looks, proformance.what are some of the pros & cons of both of these cars?

Baldy201

Well performance wise you cant really beat the Type R. As for looks I would say Type R also.

PROS ITR- Neutral feeling in turns, Good performance, Good styling.
Cons ITR- High Insurance, Target for theifs.

PROs RSX- Has potential, New car(aka no stupid people beating on it)
CONS RSX- New engine(not too much aftermarket stuff yet)

hadjie85

this is major hearsay, but ive heard lots of GSR owners say that they've taken rsx type-s's rather easily off the line and down the strip. just imagine what a type r would do to it, if the rumors are true.

hyper98gsr

hadjie85 said:
this is major hearsay, but ive heard lots of GSR owners say that they've taken rsx type-s's rather easily off the line and down the strip. just imagine what a type r would do to it, if the rumors are true.
i doubt gsr's take them as easily as claimed. rsx type s's put about 159 to the wheels and gsr's stock put between 135 and 145 to the wheels here. they weigh about the same so i dont really see it.
from my experience, i murder stock gsr's by about 2 cars but i only beat type s's by about 3/4 of a car.

no offense :)

as for aftermarket support; its there. there is aleady shops gettng over 260 all motor horses fom the type s motor.

Last edited:

DownShift96GSR

Baldy201 said:
Well performance wise you cant really beat the Type R. As for looks I would say Type R also.

PROS ITR- Neutral feeling in turns, Good performance, Good styling.
Cons ITR- High Insurance, Target for theifs.

PROs RSX- Has potential, New car(aka no stupid people beating on it)
CONS RSX- New engine(not too much aftermarket stuff yet)
I wouldn't say that about the stupid people beating on it. I know a guy who has an 02 Type S and he has already go through 3 transmissions. Its sad really. And all the ones that I know say their 2nd gear syncros grind like crazy.

And as for the GSR vs Type S, its true. I have beaten a couple Type S's with same mods as I have, not by a whole lot, but I have beaten a couple. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. I think it has to do with aerodynamics.

I say go with the ITR because of the amount of aftermarket goodies. And IMO I think the B series engine is better than the K series. Just my :twocents:

Chuckie Finster

ITR IMO--I prefer Double A Arm over MacPherson. As for looks...that's a hard one. I love the look of both...I'll take two of both. As for the K's vs. B just give it a little bit of time, I'll take both motors as well. But as much as we hate to admit it, there's no replacement for displacement. And Skunk2's RSX has already ran a 9.8 ALL MOTOR.

ca86108

ive raced plenty of rsx's type s at the runs... they always TIE or beat me by a lil thru 1st GEAR, but 2nd im hanging as soon as i hit 3rd its BYE BYE RSX... and i smoked the shti outta them

94tegT3 turbo

The rsx type-s get's a good start but the teg can beat it in the 1/4....seen it with my own eyes. A 2002 RSX Type-S vs. 2001 Integra Type-R and the Type-R won by 1 1/2 car lengths.

hyper98gsr

94tegT3 turbo said:
The rsx type-s get's a good start but the teg can beat it in the 1/4....seen it with my own eyes. A 2002 RSX Type-S vs. 2001 Integra Type-R and the Type-R won by 1 1/2 car lengths.
oh no doubt an itr can beat a type s but i do have doubts about a stock gs-r or one with i/h/e beating a type-s.

DownShift96GSR

hyper98gsr said:
oh no doubt an itr can beat a type s but i do have doubts about a stock gs-r or one with i/h/e beating a type-s.
Hyper, i'll do you a favor, I'll try and get a video of my GSR vs a Type S. I can't guarantee but that seems to be the only way to settle the GSR vs Type S thing. Cuz we all know a Type R will spank the Type S.

Its kinda weird I just noticed something about Type R and Type S. Call it dumb, silly, or stupid but ALPINE got two different subs called TYPE R and TYPE S. What a coinsidence.

DownShift96GSR

ca86108 said:
omg i should pimp slap yo ass for that IVE ALWAYS beat type s. u just maybe a shitty driver
I've always beat Type S's too. I just cant guarantee that I can get the video. Better check your actions before you go pimp slappin anybody.

V-TEGkickINGin

not to say nothing bad butt

GSR puts about 159.279 to the wheel, and i took a rsx type s at the line, not really but at 3rd gear.
hyper98gsr said:
i doubt gsr's take them as easily as claimed. rsx type s's put about 159 to the wheels and gsr's stock put between 135 and 145 to the wheels here. they weigh about the same so i dont really see it.
from my experience, i murder stock gsr's by about 2 cars but i only beat type s's by about 3/4 of a car.

no offense :)

as for aftermarket support; its there. there is aleady shops gettng over 260 all motor horses fom the type s motor.

Scratchin

from my view

Stock? Type-S = Type-Slow
but I like the interior and the quality of car
3gen DC never get the quality feelin
93~01 all same interiors -_-;;
performance? Dc5 can't turn, that thing is minivan

hyper98gsr

V-TEGkickINGin said:
GSR puts about 159.279 to the wheel, and i took a rsx type s at the line, not really but at 3rd gear.
show me. i have seen stock gsr's dyno. and they avg. 135-145. i work at a dyno and we have at least 2 come in every month. sorry to call you out, but show me.

and i guess i shouldn't say that a stock gsr will not beat a type s but rather i couldn't and haven't seen it yet. i will rephrase my statement. because i have also seen stock type s' dyno, and they put avg. 157-165. (these are all numbers from the dyno where i work. i can only vouch for that. but it is calibrated on regular bases)