rsx vs type-r

hyper98gsr

you are right. it would be hard. since according to Importtuner magazine, itr's run a 14.8 1/4mile. rsx type-s' run a 15.1 and the gsr runs a 15.7.

i can show you and direct you to proof that a stock gsr CANNOT beat a stock type-s. i dont care who is driving. so if you want anyone(other than the wishful thinkers) to believe you, show me some proof. you guys are killing me.

HighHopes

I think that a decently heavily(more than just bolt-ons) modded gsr or type-r can beat a rsx, because there has been more time to perfect and experiment with the b-series engines while the k-series engines are fairly new. In a few years the rsx willl noproblem beat a gsr, a itr will put up a better fight.

hyper98gsr

HighHopes said:
I think that a decently heavily(more than just bolt-ons) modded gsr or type-r can beat a rsx, because there has been more time to perfect and experiment with the b-series engines while the k-series engines are fairly new. In a few years the rsx willl noproblem beat a gsr, a itr will put up a better fight.
what are you talking about???

1. im sure a heavily modded gsr can beat a stock rsx too, but a stock itr can aleady.
2. the k-series has already reached a higher hp cap than the b-seies motors. in all motor and fi trim.
3. in a few years the k-series motor will be as common as the b-series. if not more.

Raginrok

The K-Series motor is the knew kid on the block. Yet in a few short years they have come a long way. Making over 200whp N/A is not that hard to achieve. it may take you about 2 grand at the most and you can have a nice little street demon. Grantit if you just want something that destorys on the drag track your looking at the wrong type of car. But, to each there own I'm happy with my car and as soon as I can get the money I'll be getting type R cams to add to my cars growing mods list.

DownShift96GSR

My friend's Type S has dynoed in at 202WHP with mods of:

SRI
Header (not sure the brand)
Fujitsubo exhaust
Pulleys
Hondata Reflash

He has run a 14.9 @5500Ft. Sea level it would be a 13.9 or something close to that.

Todd

token ex-mod
i've seen many many many Type S's run 14's flat with nothing but i/h/e..... itr's run low 14's with the same mods, but i've never seen an itr run a flat 14 with just basic mods

DownShift96GSR

I have......well technically, it was a civic hatch with an ITR motor, but all it had was an intake. It was tight as hell, then my friend sold his hatch and got an 05 Type S.......

Todd

token ex-mod
DownShift96GSR said:
I have......well technically, it was a civic hatch with an ITR motor, but all it had was an intake. It was tight as hell, then my friend sold his hatch and got an 05 Type S.......
:shocked2: wtf?!?!?!
i'd smack that friend of yours

hyper98gsr

maybe because i have been there and done that. i had an itr motor and now i have the something close to a ctr. actually a little more. so its really nothing big anymore.

Last edited: