rsx vs type-r

hadjie85

hyper98gsr said:
from my experience, i murder stock gsr's by about 2 cars but i only beat type s's by about 3/4 of a car.
you are probably right, but only because YOU were talking about stock GSR's and I am referring to lightly modded GSR's. i realize i didnt clarify whether or not the GSR was modded in my previous post, but im clarifying it now. i also remember that downshift was one of the guys who said he can take em.

so instead of relying on your races of the two cars independantly, lets instead rely on someone with a true GSR to find out. no offense or anything...

now for me to find a type-s to pick on... :twisted: or, downshift, you could just videotape yourself layin the smackdown on one and save me the trouble. HA! what am i saying? its no trouble to find a type-s to spank! BRB!!! :D

hyper98gsr

definately no offense taken but, fyi, i did own a 98 gsr with 173hp to the wheels.

i see what you are saying though because i never had a chance to race a type s in mine. i am only judging by what i did in my civic. so i guess i should actually get the real experience before i speak on it.

im still not sold yet though :)

DownShift96GSR

hyper98gsr said:
definately no offense taken but, fyi, i did own a 98 gsr with 173hp to the wheels.

i see what you are saying though because i never had a chance to race a type s in mine. i am only judging by what i did in my civic. so i guess i should actually get the real experience before i speak on it.

im still not sold yet though :)
Hyper, from one GSR owner to another, GSRs can beat Type S's. Why would I down our car man? But I know where you're coming from, seeing is believing. I'll try and get a video.

Raginrok

In my opinion from the other side of the fense. I have never been beat by a GSR that did not have a turbo. Unless the Type S driver doesn't shift out of 1st the GSR has no chance of beating it on the strip or threw the corners.

DownShift96GSR

Raginrok said:
In my opinion from the other side of the fense. I have never been beat by a GSR that did not have a turbo. Unless the Type S driver doesn't shift out of 1st the GSR has no chance of beating it on the strip or threw the corners.
Dude, you haven't been beat cuz you have K Pro, duh!! Out of the people I know, the only Type S I can't beat has a chip in it.

And you make a point about the corners. The RSX's come with a much better suspension, but that's it in my opinion.

Raginrok

I'd still like to see some sold proof that a 170whp car can be beat by a 134whp car. Because the idea to me is insaine if both drivers are even remotely equal. Not to mention that the S has more tq then a GSR.

DownShift96GSR

It also has more weight. Like I said, I'll see what I can do about gettin some proof.

Raginrok

Well the GSR weighs in at a nice 2,667lbs an RSX-S weighs in at 2,778lbs. so basically there is only a 111lb. and a 30hp and 14tq difference between the 2 cars. Seems kinda fishy to me that a GSR that has a power to weight ratio of 1hp:15.68lbs can beat a RSX Type S that has 1hp:13.89lbs power to weight ratio.

hyper98gsr

DownShift96GSR said:
It also has more weight. Like I said, I'll see what I can do about gettin some proof.
i am not trying to start any trouble. i just need proof. from all my experiences involving an rsx-s and gsr, from bone stock to slightly modded, i have never seen a gsr on top. if you can show me a bone stock gsr and rsx go head to head with the gsr on top with both drivers. i will believe you.

by the way. havn't seen any more than 162hp come from a type s. even on import tuner mag. it did 159whp. but i haven't seen a stock gsr put more than 138whp. i will not believe what you claim(regarding stock gsr's beating stock rsx's') until i see it happen. and even then, i will be skeptical. sorry.

Last edited:

Raginrok

Go to Club RSX there are many RSX Type S's that are running 170whp stock. At least at sea level areas it is common. and even though the RSX weighs more it still has enough tq and hp to over come that disadvantage over and over again not to mention gearing is great in the car too.

Last edited:

ca86108

hmmm i have lost to a type s once,,, when i launched at 6 and totally fucked up, and i lost by 1/2 a car length. when i launch at like 4 i KILLLLL EM. those things look like SUV's... and maybe Gsr's respondd to mods better? i dunnno for sure then.... bbut rsx STOCK is supposed to be faster then GSR stock.. but u get a good drive and some modds in a gsr ull smoke an rsx-s any day even if its modded

DownShift96GSR

Hell someone mentioned about ClubRSX.com. I say go there and aske em. There are some people on there that know I've beaten Type S's. And I never said that I have never lost to em either. You win some you lose some.

Oh and if you go on there and ask, make sure you hit up the NEW MEXICO thread. They all will know.

Hell I beat a Type S on the street the other night.

And yeah the new 05 Type S's I'll admit, I cannot hang with em. A friend has one, and it's f***ing quick.

Raginrok

Maybe its just me but I have no problem with any GSRs they don't seem to me to be that quick and I even have the shitty stock tires and I can destroy em pritty bad. Or i could just ahve a really strong car.

DownShift96GSR

I guess all in all, it comes down to driver. I roll with pretty much stock tires, they suck ass. I guess there should be a meet held where its just Tper R's and GSR's vs the Type S's. Thats the only way to settle the dispute. But that would be hard to do.