Site problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
all the trouble started with the rep system, it went downhill from there. i was against it from the beginning, i've seen what it had done to other forums. i voiced my concern, but no one cared about what i had to say, thats ok, i was only trying to be of help. i see everyone here has got this.
I agree the rep system failed and should probably be removed. I've received a few PM's asking to remove it as well. I guess I'll put up a poll to vote for its removal.

So that's all you've got to say? Stop b****ing? Some site you're running here. I'm glad it's filled almost entirely with retarded high school kids asking which exhaust to get. Lot of knowledge around this place.
I didn't ask you to just stop bitching. I asked for some ways you would improve the site. All you mentioned was the mods. I can't remove mods because you has an issue with them.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Just cuz some one is new doesn't mean anything. I'm new to this forum because I now have an Integra. Before I was always on prelude and civic forums. Iv seen a lot of older members on here b****ing and flaming people. Typical post I've seen lately is a new member asking a question and an older member talking s*** to them instead of helpful tips. I get that some people do deserve being set on fire cuz of the way they act but not every stupid question should be flamed. Id hate to see people leave this site. But there is no sense in crying about it before you do. Just take a breath and realize this is the internet and its not gonna be perfect. If you think you can run it better then you should start your own.
It's probably been answered half a million times before. Search next time. Take your -5 and 2011 join date and kindly leave.

I didn't ask you to just stop b****ing. I asked for some ways you would improve the site. All you mentioned was the mods. I can't remove mods because you has an issue with them.
Mods are the main issue on here. One of the nicest guys I've ever met was talked down to like shit by a mod and no one did a damn thing. Mods abused the rep system. Most of the original people that made this place fun have left or stopped posting frequently. Doesn't that say something to you?

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
stephen (guiltyxxspark) is making a lot of good points. How many times do we need to tell some one (in great detail) how to boost their integra???? so when some new guy joins and goes, "I WANT FAST!!! and CHEAP NOW!" and we suggest boost, we get "how you done do dat?"

and a lot of more recent members WONT take advice. and then in turns into an all out flame because reasonable people with a good amount of knowledge are getting argued with by someone who's talking out their @ss.

and banning? really? is this TI????

the oooonly thing the rep system was good for was watching that one guy (smackabeezy I think) get like negative 1k rep. Other than that, superhyped probably has the most rep on here cause he had a pair of tits on his avatar?

mirriorimg, and samurai_blue and people like that who have been in this game for years and know what the hell theyre talking about should be mods. Isn't one of the mods on here not even an integra owner? WTF?

I completely agree that we should have a vote for mods soon. Only people who have been around for x amount of time and have x amount of posts should be able to vote.

the rep system doesnt really need to go, but so far its caused more harm than good (just an observation not trying to make a point).

I'm sticking around no matter what. This site is still better than most (club civic is fulll of teenage ricers, hondacivicwagon.com banned me for almost a month because I said "woah there seabiscuit to a mod", and TI speaks for itself).

Let's just start getting the site back to what it used to be.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
if it gets closed and you get banned, I'll start another one. Either things will get fixed, or most of the OG guys that actually contribute to this site will get banned.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
A lot of us are still here. Just not as present. I see both sides though, I used to admin a couple forums way back when and I get it. Maybe we need to institute a trial period for new guys, much like ht. You can only post in like tech sections for your first two weeks and 15 posts or something. Maybe a few more stickies with general info on boost etc that we could compile.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
A lot of us are still here. Just not as present. I see both sides though, I used to admin a couple forums way back when and I get it. Maybe we need to institute a trial period for new guys, much like ht. You can only post in like tech sections for your first two weeks and 15 posts or something. Maybe a few more stickies with general info on boost etc that we could compile.
That works too.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
This is a great idea.

And Stephen, don't bounce bro, I've had a few good online memories with you (no homo), and I'd hate to see you go under such bad terms. You have a vast knowledge that I must learn first, then leave. Ha ha jk dude, but seriously, just ignore the people you don't like. There are a few members on here that I completely overlook their posts. If they post the answer, I'll post it too, like they were never there.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Mods are the main issue on here. One of the nicest guys I've ever met was talked down to like s*** by a mod and no one did a damn thing. Mods abused the rep system. Most of the original people that made this place fun have left or stopped posting frequently. Doesn't that say something to you?
People are always coming and going. They either sell their Integra, loose interest, don't have the time, or just don't post anymore. Its not always the fact that they "hate" the site.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
People are always coming and going. They either sell their Integra, loose interest, don't have the time, or just don't post anymore. Its not always the fact that they "hate" the site.
I'm not referring to random people that have 10 posts then never come back. I'm talking about the members that regularly post (or used to) in the various chat threads, they are the ones that built the actual "community" of the site. Not many of them still around.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
Just cuz some one is new doesn't mean anything.

...Iv seen a lot of older members on here b****ing and flaming people.

...Typical post I've seen lately is a new member asking a question and an older member talking s*** to them instead of helpful tips.
You're right, just because a member is new on here, it doesn't give older members the right to be completely rude. That's not something mods/admins can work on alone. As a community, members are expected to be responsible for their own actions and attitude toward other members. Hopefully it's an issue we all now see and can work on to better the site and the experience for all members, as we were all new to the site at one point.

It's probably been answered half a million times before. Search next time. Take your -5 and 2011 join date and kindly leave.

Mods are the main issue on here. One of the nicest guys I've ever met was talked down to like s*** by a mod and no one did a damn thing.

Mods abused the rep system.
Mods/admins are just like anyone else and have their own opinions as well -- that's to be expected. Though often times they are expected to remain neutral and bite their tongues for the forum's sake, once in a while something slips out. It's important that members get along with other members, but also important that mods/admins be able to communicate as well. It's a community.

There are a good number of members who repeatedly abuse the rep. system to my understanding, not the mods/admins. Some have actually been pushing to have it removed.

...How many times do we need to tell some one (in great detail) how to boost their integra?

...and banning? really? is this TI????

...the oooonly thing the rep system was good for was watching that one guy (smackabeezy I think) get like negative 1k rep. Other than that, superhyped probably has the most rep on here cause he had a pair of t*** on his avatar?

...Isn't one of the mods on here not even an integra owner? WTF?
Not all members joining or on this site will have the same amount of knowledge as others, regardless of how long they are here. I'm sure there are questions that not everyone has the answers to. Though it can get repetitive, that's the great thing about this site -- we can learn things that maybe we didn't know to begin with. Patience is key. If we want the site to keep growing, it is important to embrace diversity.

Sometimes banning is necessary to create a more peaceful environment for the majority. The bannings given out to the members who felt the need to harass other members (on numerous occasions, not just here and there) are only temporary bannings of a week. That gives the site time to cool down and the members to reevaluate their contribution to the site and their attitudes toward others. It's not a permanent ban and the members are allowed to come back, except in the case of Superhyped. Making additional accounts after you have a temporary ban turns it into a permanent ban.

The importance of the rep. system is based on personal opinion. Jay Jay has created a poll and thread on this matter and has taken everything into consideration on the matter. I do agree with you that is has been abused. This is also something that is being worked on to my knowledge. Just hang in there. :thumbup:

I'm not sure what difference the cars that mods/admins drive have to do with their ability to moderate a forum. At one time or another, most have owned an Integra, if that's what you're concerned about.

lol I'm surprised nothing has happened yet and this thread is still open.
This thread will be closed because it seems like most of the issues that you all feel have been put out there and improvements have been taken into consideration at this point.

if it gets closed and you get banned, I'll start another one. Either things will get fixed, or most of the OG guys that actually contribute to this site will get banned.
Rest assure that the issues as being worked on. There really is no need to make repeated threads on the same issues, if ya ask me.

I doubt I'd get banned for this. Too public.
You're not getting banned because you didn't do anything wrong. Constructive criticism is good. The approach just needs a little improvement. :lol:

A trial period can be a little frustrating for people trying to join. I know that's what stopped me from being a regular on TI. It looks like a few of you agree that it might be worth looking into, though.

I'll pass the message along to Jay Jay.

And Stephen, don't bounce bro, I've had a few good online memories with you (no homo), and I'd hate to see you go under such bad terms. Y
^This.

^This is also true.

If anyone has an issue with a certain mod or admin on this site, know that you can always just PM another one to get their attention and help on resolving the issue/person at hand. Everything is discussed fairly.

Status
Not open for further replies.