Spray Painting my car.

proudtobeawesom

use a satin black you wont see all the spray lines as you do flat and it looks almost the same.

and they do have a clear coar for flat ill see if i can find it again. it kept it looking flat to it just like added a layer of protection

~kevin

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
yeah, like someone said on the first page, make sure to do it on a warm day. the paint says on the back of the can a temperature range to spray in for best results. be sure to do that, but then NOT drive the car till it's 100% cured so it doesn't flake or anything.

I'm looking forward to a nice home-done paint job here!! Good luck with it man!!

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
A buddy of mine is doing this to his DA since the paint is shot. He is doing the exact same process as you and it's sick. He did his front two fenders thus far; whole car should be done next week. I'll post pics for you if you haven't already started by then.

rsxer63

use a satin black you wont see all the spray lines as you do flat and it looks almost the same.

and they do have a clear coar for flat ill see if i can find it again. it kept it looking flat to it just like added a layer of protection

~kevin
For some reason I found flat black easier to spray than satin black but satin blue easier than flat black.:???:

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
get yourself one of those trigger handles that snap on the spray can. your finger will appreciate it.

Drifter3000

Integra FTW!
How many cans will I need per setup (primer and then spray) to do the entire car. Im painting the outside and all the jams too. I was thinking 5-6 for primer and 5-6 for spray. That should do it, right?

chrisjames

chrisjames
How many cans will I need per setup (primer and then spray) to do the entire car. Im painting the outside and all the jams too. I was thinking 5-6 for primer and 5-6 for spray. That should do it, right?
if your going the can route i'm thinkin like 3 cans just for one door especially if you are going to wet sand it to get orange peel and drips off. so i would think like 20 cans minimum.

chrisjames

chrisjames
where? last time I checked they wanted almost $1k to paint mine.
uhh NATIONAL presidential paint sale. so nationally or throughout the united states. and the presidental package is there 2nd cheapest, but i'm sure it would look good for at least 2 years.

DANISH DELUXE

If you want to resell the car I wouldn't spray paint it, but if you're just looking at this car like you're gonna mess it up, go for it. If your aiming towards the latter then why do you care about scratches and fades in the first place.

Drifter3000

Integra FTW!
I would never sell this teg. It is my first car and has been so loyal to me. No accidents or anything (just one ticket, which I have yet to recieve in mail...cited on Jan. 1). And its going to be a year in March. She is my baby, and I'm going to run her into the ground, nicely.