Sputtering/misfire

billcass

i had pretty much the exact same problem in my 99. was worst during the morning first start of the day, eventually got worse and worse. I changed my ignition cool and been good ever since. give that a try, it sounds like the same situation to me.

72Spitfire

I filled up with 92 octane, added dry gas and fuel injector cleaner thinking it may be bad gas. No go. Same problem. Headed to pick up a new ignition coil, will report results shortly.

72Spitfire

While at the auto parts store, I figured I may as well give it a full tune up. New NGK plugs, Cap and rotor, Ignition coil. Replaced all these and 1 plug wire that didn't look so hot. This fixed my issue. I think it was a combination of everything listed really. Back to smooth running and good gas mileage :)
Best of luck to everyone with this problem. Check your ignition thoroughly.

HersTEG

My 98 integra is doing the same thing. Just order a set of new MSD ignition kit. Lets hope that solves the problem. :)

shady1580

alright :) thanks but its confusing me because it only does it when its warm

darkstar310

Im having the same problem but this happen after I put a new distributer on changed my spark plugs and spark plug wires. And it didnt start happening untill I changed the distributer. Plz help. I have a 2001 integra ls

2kdb7

Mine was doing it before I sold it. I would recommend a compression and leak down test. I also thought it was my ignition/timing but after I fixed it it would still continue. I was burning oil not terrible but noticeable and kept throwing codes for misfires due to oil on plugs. Could be bad head gasket, bad valve seals, bad rings.

darkstar310

I dont think so because like I said everything's was running geeat before I changed the distributer. After that its been down hill for me :( the mechanic checked everything and the codes it giving is for o2 sensor, cat, and cpk sensor but thats why I changed the distributer amd its still gives cpk. Everything else os fine.

MidoriGSR

Check the dizzy bro. My GSR was doing the same exact thing,I replaced everything associated with a tune up including fuel filter and it was still doing it. I changed the distributor and bam runs like a champ.

darkstar310

But the distributer is new. After input the new one thats when all the problems started. The car has a new distributer

2kdb7

Was it a OEM or other brand? I say get another swap it out see if that fixes it. If it does clean up the other one and return it as the new one and get your money back.