Stiff coilovers?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Im looking for some really stiff coilovers that has adjustable height/dampener. When I say stiff, I mean jarring, where your kidney might come out where the sun don't shine. I want aggressive wheels and don't want my tires rubbing on the car or bottom out the struts

I don't know what our stock suspension rating is, so I need some help and experience from you guys. What is the stock strut rating? My price range is somewhere in the $1000-$1500. Prefer closer to $1000 ;)

Thanks in advance

Edit: I have a 3rd gen

94RS

No fucks given.
I'm pretty sure Ground Control lets you choose custom spring rates. Match them with Koni yellows.

Nick_C78

Stock spring rates are 200 lbs front and 95 lbs rear I believe. I currently have 600 lbs front and 700 lbs with koni race on my track car and I love it, but the rear is stiffer than front so the rear end will slide out during hard turns, and the front could be a little stiffer too to be honest. But if you want stiff as hell for daily driving, I would keep them even or drop the rear a little.

700 front and 600 rear will be perfect for you actually. Get that and thank me later. Adjust the struts to the stiffest setting and then go back down half a turn. Youll be golden.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Different brands use different measurement styles. Ground Control uses Eibach springs, which uses lbs.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
^^^^Do you have pics of your setup and any rubbing on hard corning?

I just read from a member on another forum that GC/koni's are well known for autocrossing. Im stuck between BC racing and GC/Koni's. I heard its a hit and miss on GC if you dont get the right setup. I will go with 700fr/600rr, which will be roughly 12k/10k.

cborden

Jesus is THE way
just go to the ground control site, they have the whole setup their for less than 1.1k on sale now.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
just go to the ground control site, they have the whole setup their for less than 1.1k on sale now.
thanks for the info. Definitely worth looking into. but how many settings can you adjust for the dampener? BC says they have 30 way dampener, which I like

Nick_C78

^^^^Do you have pics of your setup and any rubbing on hard corning?

I just read from a member on another forum that GC/koni's are well known for autocrossing. Im stuck between BC racing and GC/Koni's. I heard its a hit and miss on GC if you dont get the right setup. I will go with 700fr/600rr, which will be roughly 12k/10k.
Rubbing on hard corning? Dude, it is a track car. All it does is hard corning. lol

BC racing? Such as buddyclub? And Koni Race doesnt use clicks. However much you turn the knob is how much it stiffens. You can adjust it in any number of increments.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Ground Control's website will have you call to special order rates. They only have a few rates avalible as the shock can only handle so much. I think a koni sport (yellow) can handle a 500lb spring max.

Good people work there My favorite suspension.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I appreciate all the help. You guys are knowledgeable with GC/Koni's. I might just pull the trigger and see how they feel.

Rubbing on hard corning? Dude, it is a track car. All it does is hard corning. lol

BC racing? Such as buddyclub? And Koni Race doesnt use clicks. However much you turn the knob is how much it stiffens. You can adjust it in any number of increments.
I know that some of my questons are rhetorical, but better ask than not know :oops: Is there different lengths on shocks, or can I just say, 700lbs front/600lbs rear and be set and be happy with what I get? Hows there customer service?

BC racing coilovers are a UK brand http://www.bcracing-na.com/. Price is the same

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Ground Control's website will have you call to special order rates. They only have a few rates avalible as the shock can only handle so much. I think a koni sport (yellow) can handle a 500lb spring max.

Good people work there My favorite suspension.
I noticed that I would have to call on custom orders. I just dont want to be disappointed by getting something bouncy, instead of stiff. The aftermarket suspension that is on the car, from previous owner is way to bouncy for my taste. I feel like Im on a boat on rough waters

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I noticed that I would have to call on custom orders. I just dont want to be disappointed by getting something bouncy, instead of stiff. The aftermarket suspension that is on the car, from previous owner is way to bouncy for my taste. I feel like Im on a boat on rough waters
bouncy could be from a lot of things. What do you plan on purchasing?