Straight Pipe With Resonators

ju10

Hi, I'm about to go to an exhaust shop to get hooked up.

I wanna do a straight pipe after the cat with a magnaflow straight-through muffler and a couple resonators- one after the cat and one farther down.

Has anyone done this before?/ know what it sounds like?

I wanna do this instead of the bends because I heard it gives a bit more power(correct me if I'm wrong)

OLDSKOOLACURA

Just to a normal setup, it will probably sound like shit and unless you have a bunch of mods the power difference won't out weigh the sound.

Posted from my build thread

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Straight pipes? Do you have a mullet?
Smooth mandrel bent piping with adequate diameter is not an exhaust restriction.

SupaMan

Its exactly true. Google coulda helped you with that choice.

enoch723

Could do what I did in my 3g civic if you arent worried about emissions. I went straight from my down pipe into a two cherry bomb glass packs back to back with a down pipe to follow it off. Has a great sound, real cheap, and really good for the exhaust gases

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
My uncle is trying to convince me to use glasspacks for resonators. I think im going 2.25 straight pipe with just the magnaflow, no resonator. My car currently has no resonator on stock pipes and I dont hear ricey sounds, so im hoping that will stay the same. Mandrel bent pipes come with flanges and gaskets, costs about 132 for tru benz pipes...

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
No one can really tell you how it will sound. Everyone's preferences are different and each muffler has different tones. For example rattlecans sound clip. It's like a 'fart can' to me. I'm against glass packs cus they material used inside doesn't last long unless there's been improvements. I use two resonators only. One acts as a muffler. In fact it's welded up as one. :mrgreen:

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
No one can really tell you how it will sound. Everyone's preferences are different and each muffler has different tones. For example rattlecans sound clip. It's like a 'fart can' to me. I'm against glass packs cus they material used inside doesn't last long unless there's been improvements. I use two resonators only. One acts as a muffler. In fact it's welded up as one. :mrgreen:
Yeah I don't know if I really like my exhaust. But holy shit it is better than running open downpipe.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
If you are still considering a "straight pipe" then just mount a resonator off the header, angle the outlet down and exit right under the car. Save weight and money. Hella fast and annoying!

Nick_C78

If you are still considering a "straight pipe" then just mount a resonator off the header, angle the outlet down and exit right under the car. Save weight and money. Hella fast and annoying!
Nah man. Fuck it, he should just run open head. Note, I said head, not header. Just let the exhaust flow out of the head ports and in to the atmosphere. Don't need any of that fancy heavy piping. That is for yellow bellies.