Straight Pipe With Resonators

Nick_C78

Just listen to Muckmans first post. Get a properly ran exhaust with smooth mandrel bends. Also, you don't have a v8 engine from the 50-60's so don't get glass packs.

R13

The other asshole
Glasspacks even make v8's sound like shit, Hence why they're $25 a piece.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
THREAD JACK TIME!

Anybody identify this magnaflow muffler? I cant tell if its a universal muffler with a tip, or one of those street series...

Looking to put it on 2.25 mandrel pipes. Looks like 2.25 outlet with a tip welded on. Just need some more eyes on this before I make a decision.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Nah man. f*** it, he should just run open head. Note, I said head, not header. Just let the exhaust flow out of the head ports and in to the atmosphere. Don't need any of that fancy heavy piping. That is for yellow bellies.
direct exhaust induction would also help too

Think of all the money and weight saved though. It is so genius. More people should try it...
cooling could be a problem

gsr_nikhil

I have a universal cat with 2.5'' in and out to "straight piping" 2.5'' OD and this is going to a Magnaflow muffler (not sure which one honestly) and then some 3.5'' i found in the shop lol. Sounds really raspy and fart-can like until the metal heats up then it sounds awesome!

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I hava friend that pronounces it "reeesonator" and it makes me want to punch him in the throat.

ju10

Well I just got my s*** done yesterday at an exhaust shop.
2.25 wit a resonator after the cat and a magnaflow straight through muffler: Has a deep rumble to it at low rpms, not loud but I don't like noise at all so I think imma put another resonator in it

But my question now is this: how can I tune my car to get the best out of the cat back(if necessary). It might be my fuel pump or pressure regulator(gotta check), but I notice my car drives better when the tank is low (different pressure, better air-fuel ratio?) which is why I'm thinking about getting an adjustable fpr. Also have a sri