Strut bars, again:)

2oo1Dc2

megan bars are flimsy. i've always went with spoon 2 point strut bars. i picked one up for $140

g3teg97

Super Moderator
What car?

I'd get a OEM ITR bar before that Megan racing garbage. I'm sure this question has been answered before, btw.

mikeybee95

Personally, I have just the cheap ebay (20-25) Front and rear strut bars and they hold good. no problems what so ever.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Spend your money on other shit. If you fucking guys would stop buying stupid shit, you could afford quality parts that make a difference. So you spend $250 on strut bars, and then settle for F&F because you only have $600 for coilovers, when you could have gotten N+ for around $850 or whatever.
Stop being a fuck

drevans_satx

Dylan
I'd explain if I had a real keyboard. But basically its the same thing as mounting to the strut because its mounted to the same area. Its just easier to pull off when you gotta do engine work. I'll draw a pic later with physics and shit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I don't see how connecting it to the strut would really make a difference and it seems pretty impractical.

drevans_satx

Dylan

Black Arrow:

Forces experienced under a hard corner, the only thing that is going to take advantage of the strut bar.
Under a turn you have forces pushing from a 45* and a lateral angle. These same forces are exhibited wherever the bar is mounted.

Blue Circle:

Circled is the hump that is keeping the bar in place under a corner. The opposite side pushes against the hump. This is essentially the same as mounting the bar to the strut.

Pink boxes show the angle the the bar would be mounted if mounted to the strut. The angle is the same as its current mounting place.

Mounting the bar here makes it easier and safer to remove it while performing maintence work, becuase you cant get shit done with it in place.

In conclusion the bar is geometrically the same mounted either way, safer to mount, and more convenient. The forces are handled just as well in its current mounting place.
Aftermarket bars only mount to the strut because it's easier to do it that way and it wouldn't be cost effective to make a replica of the ITR or GSR bar when only those models have studs for them.

The areas the bar is mounted to are pretty much the same. It would be a problem if the bar was mounted to the hump because the hump on the fender side is what the bar presses against and what keeps it in place. In my opinion its a better mounting place.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2