Tam's Progress Thread

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
im on paswordjdm.com and i can get a oem head gasket for 70, a golden eagle "modified" oem head gasket for 99, or a mugen 2 layer head gasket for 170, which is best, i want a low compression build for the turbo so i dont think i want the mugen but is the golden eagle better than oem for a good ls/boost build? ill be getting arp head studs aswell.

i think the redline problem was the head gasket, because the other night i was fixing a couple things on it and drained the water, then ran it twice for about a minute each. then filled it back up and it ran PERFECT. so hopefully its a simple solution

Last edited:

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
well the car runs perect with the turbo disconnected, got it up to 100 no problem yesterday, but with the turbo it jumps at high rpms, and pops out the exhauset, it runs alitle better with my ew intercooler cause my old one had holes in it...coud it just be my shitty piping leaking? or mabey my bov? its a shity no name. i have hondata s100 and want to upgrade to s200 but alittle out my budget right now.

SnowWhite

I wish my front was jdm like urs.. :(

Last edited:

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
well the car runs perect with the turbo disconnected, got it up to 100 no problem yesterday, but with the turbo it jumps at high rpms, and pops out the exhauset, it runs alitle better with my ew intercooler cause my old one had holes in it...coud it just be my shitty piping leaking? or mabey my bov? its a shity no name. i have hondata s100 and want to upgrade to s200 but alittle out my budget right now.
man im telling you that you need a new tune, my teg ran the same way when i didnt have a tune

its either that or your hitting boost cut....i think the stock map only allows 11 or 12 psi. watch your boost guage and make sure your not hitting any boost spikes or boost cuts.

make sure your not hitting fuel cut either.

another thing, do you have a boost controller? those often fuck peoples cars up, i see it all the time, especially if its an ebay boost controller.

boost leaks wouldnt cause that problem, niether would your bov.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
yeah im takingit to a local performance shop today to get it diagnosed. it was hitting 15psi before at redline so idk if the wastegate spring is fucked or somehing, but i know the headgaskets not helping to whole situation.

im taking it to the sho see if my pistons are fried haha, and get anyhting little fixed, then fix the headgasket, then retune

and no i dont have a boost controller. are hondata boost controllers ok because i was looking at getting one of those.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
well i took my turbo off and took it apart...heres what i saw

so i decided that the turbo was the main problem and my engine only needed a head gasket, so i went ahead and pulled the head.

gonna get a cometic head gasket, arp head studs, getiing the head reworked, needs 2 new valves.
then new turbo, upgrade the ecu to s300 and get a boost controller.

Last edited:

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
yeah haha

Started working on my interior today. I, just like every other teg owner, hate the random tan upper interior, i don't know why they couldn't make it all black. So i pulled the a-pillar covers, b-pillar covers, and headliner, i plan on painting the pillar covers black, covering the visors in black Recaro jersey fabric, and covering the headliner in red Recaro jersey fabric.

Lazy Dogs  :p

Last edited:

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
head is at a machine shop, should get it back this week. getting 2 valves replaced, new guides, and a 3angle valve job. then new turbo, head gasket, then tune, then CCM7!!!!! ^-^

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Picked up the head yesterday, work totaled to only 250, and 100 for the high comp headgasket. Also went by Alamo auto sports in lewsiville and got some ARP headstuds.
Should get the head back on by monday. Got a bunch of stuff to do.

I needs get the head on
do the interior ( paint pillar covers and cover headliner)
sand, polish, and clear coat the VC
and get the wheels powder coated (probably going bronze, what's a good shop?)

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
thanks dude!
im really psyched, my cars been down for 4 months, and never ran right before that. it should be running by next weekend :)

heres some pics

Felpro High comp Head gasket, and complete seal kit

ARP Head Studs from Alamo auto sports

Head

JDM! Lol

The old, and the new

IDK..... lol

Last edited: