The 91RS of 3Axis

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
Right. Up to this point I don't think I've placed a substantial number of pictures of my car. So here are some.

Strangely enough, I like the over-sized, uncut truck mudflaps which drag occasionally which reversing.

My cruddy replacement to the snake-tongue exhaust tip. Need to find a stainless steel tip. :(

The evil axle-back which has cursed my car. Muffler taped at the joint and using Silicone to fill a hole near the hanger. FML :( I'm thinking of a new muffler as a matter of fact.

Someone's greasy hand has been slamming this hatch for the last 20 years.

Antenna delete complementing the rust. Looks like some kind of mechanical fried egg.

Blisters on the driver side door.

A self-proclaimed ingenious fix I made to prevent more water from coming in through the blower vent. Yay improvising!

Yellow fogs. Note the misalignment of aim.

Thanks to a DIY i found on G2IC, I have a red painted mesh in the grille.

The engine. Recently brush wheeled the heat shield. Should've gotten a high-temp powder coat while I was at it...

Using hose clamps instead of the cruddy tangs.

Sunspot and peeling clear-coat. :(

More rust. :(

Where can I get one of these?

And one of these?

Console. Complete with temperamental Honda compact disk player and CD cup.

All right. Before anyone asks, yes, those are (were) red floor mats; an artifact of immense boredom. Don't worry, they'll be black in no time again.

Yep.

8-bit

do what now?
Looks like you got work to do.
Just out of curiosity how long you had the rs for?

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
Almost exactly one year. I bought it on the 17th of May.

I think it's beginning to burn oil though, which is odd even though the compression test was very consistent.
Cylinder 1: 180
Cylinder 2: 180
Cylinder 3: 175
Cylinder 4: 175
It got there quite quickly. According to Haynes the behaviour of the meter was indicative of "worn rings." Why would I be burning oil then? Where is it going?

I'm scared. :cry: What's the least anyone has paid for an engine re-build including a machining of the block and cylinder head, conducted by a car shop?

Oh yeah these are the basketweaves I bought. Two of them in this pic. Should be on next month.

Last edited:

3Axis

mothaf*cka...

This is what it looked like when I first bought it last year.
The trunk was full of bits of rock for some reason. There was hay in the rear seat and dog fur. :/

Engine was pretty nasty. I began cleaning this first and assessing the necessary work. I really need a new one. :/

Left the painting begin. 2 hours of diligent tape-setting.

A curse around here.

Good as new. ...I need to replace my exhaust...

Replaced the busted bumper lamps with the amber lamps.

In the evil winters of New England.

Just a mockup of what my car may look like with the basketweaves.

In the fall.

I guess I have made improvements over the last year. In spite of never having enough money for paint which is something I'm dying to take care of over the next few months. Someone help meeeeeee. :(

CrashBandit

92 GS
Looks good! I can't for the love of god get my fog lights to come on with the headlights...I like the look of yours.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
thanks. that's really strange. I'm not exactly sure why that would be. you mean they won't turn on at all?

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
I have much work to do before I can begin building. The foremost is deciding if I'm sending it to the hop for some new stem seals or if I'm going to do it myself. I'm in New England for about 1 more year, and I'm definitely up to taking the car to Cali where the weather will treat it better.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
Did some degreasing on the engine block over the last week, right in the campus parking lot because I'm crazy. The splash shields under the engine and gearbox were covered in sludge. SuperClean busted that s*** right up. I ordered a can of aircraft paint stripper and a new valve cover which I will begin processing in a few weeks. Going for a red high-temp finish.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
I hate my current valve cover. So I bought this one. to strip the paint off and replace with a red powdercoat.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
Got the BBS wheels on with my cruddy Kelly-Coopers wrapped on them

Where I am in the valve cover process.

I'm also going to make an effort to touch up the areas of missing paint. Luckily all there is is surface rust. I just need to get an aerosol OEM paint, primer, clearcoat and sanding supplies. Does anyone know what the story is on the clearcoat? Can I use a generic aerosol clearcoat and expect a good match?

3Axis

mothaf*cka...

It looks better than the picture implies.
This was purple 3 weeks ago. Applied aircraft paint stripper. Blasted most paint off high high pressure water. Brushed the whole thing down with a wire wheel. Washed 3 times. Scrubbed. Oven dried, vacuumed steam from oil baffle.. Brushed again. Washed again. Oven dried again. Cleaned up with sandpaper. Washed and dried. Applied 2 coats of etching primer. 3 coats of high-temp enamel. Phew. Diligence makes quality. Will be installed after I adjust the valves or summon the courage to replace the stem seals.

Last edited: