The 91RS of 3Axis

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
:(

This car is driving me nuts. I wanted to buy an intake, but I had to spend the money I had saved for one on an exhaust...the Walker OEM replacement. I installed it myself. I really wanted that intake. Anyway, what's going to be a pre-dawn rant uh...
I really REALLY want a rebuild and a good clutch. While I fixed the oil leak, I'm afraid it's still burning somewhere. I suppose when I go home I'm going to get a leakdown test because this is really driving me nuts. I can't tell if the car feels fast or not because my judgement with it is pretty much unreliable. I think I'm going to leave it alone in the campus parking lot for a while. Every time I think about that f***in' car it just brings up really bad thoughts. Suppose that's what I get for buying something with 197,000 miles, right?
I'm just saying I hate coming to a stop and every one in a while be engulfed by a haze of blue smoke.

Last edited:

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
Really minor update but with major improvements: I summoned the balls to swap my oil pan gasket. What I removed the the engine I don't even believe was a gasket anymore, but there is a nice and shiny blue gasket on there now. It was fun. And I'm not leaking oil anymore. :D Water pump is next in line.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
So I guess my car is coming to an end. Cylinder 4 has a compression reading of 55 psi.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
I just picked up a parts car with 94,000 miles on the engine. The frame is ruined by a crash. It's swap time very soon.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...

Pulled the engine from the donor car today.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
My engine right now, which has 212,000 miles has a burned out valve in my 4th cylinder. My compression in that cylinder has dropped to 55psi. I need my car to get to work, so I found a totaled car and bought it. Once the swap is done I'm pulling the head from the original engine to find out what went down. I'm assuming the valve burned out because the exhaust draws in air. The timing is fine and I've fed the engine seafoam through the brake booster, but it hasn't gotten better. Cruising about on 3 cylinder is no fun.

Anyway, I'll update when I can. The donor engine has great compression, but I'm going to clean up the oxidation, change the timing belt and water pump. Also, for some reason the front pulley is damaged. I thought it was from the pull but I haven't found the missing piece.

Last edited:

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
Right. Sorry for lack of further word. The last 3 weeks have been busy. The new(?) engine is great. Had some problems with the thermostat being jammed shut so I had to be gentle with the throttle during my trip to my new place out near Burlington VT. 802 represent! Thermostat's been replaced of course. I'm digging the torque from the fresher engine and it's far better than my old engine ever was. I just installed some new NGK plugs and chirped out of my driveway without even trying. :D Just have to swap out the O2 sensor and get the oil pan and flywheel plate from my other engine.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
Dude I got so lucky on this whole thing. I was the only one with a DA for miles. Everything just lined up perfectly. There just happened to be some kid around the area who crashed his.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
Just for the hell of it, here's a few photos

For some reason the photos are all mirrored and I don't know why, but that aside, I've picked the car almost clean, almost down to the chassis. Unfortunately rear-quarter panels are not so easy to remove so they don't get to come along. :( Also, I took the head off the old engine and found a nice hole on the driver side, 4th cylinder exhaust valve. All the other valves were caked solid with carbon and the 4th cylinder had a layer of oil on top of it. There were carbon flakes and sediment all over the other ones. I think I'm going to pull off the entire transmission though.