The 91RS of 3Axis

3Axis

mothaf*cka...

Yeah, little update on the paint. I did the area between the lights today on the hood. De-badged and painted. I also finished up the paint on the driver side, but it is quite rough; I have a hard time blending paint. Also, I removed the lip for a little while. Bit of change. This progress thread mmay be coming to an end soon. Aside from the rust spots, all I really have left to do is replace the valve cover with my awesome red one and do a valve adjustment--not necessarily in that order.

Oh yeah, and I got the driver side corner light aligned..some more.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...

I wish I had more to invest. The paint still seems knackered. The roof is next though, I think.

Last edited:

Boxy

I dunno. Not very many options around here in terms of junkyards. :(

Essex is in the northeast corner, right next to Caledonia.
Late reply on my part but: Ewwww that's hick mania! Northeast Vermont is all racist hicks D:

No offense lol

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
I hate it here. Everyone drives Chevrolet Cavalier. I need to get out

Last edited:

Boxy

I hate it here. Everyone drives Chevrolet Cavalier. I need to get out
Haha I would too. Move to Essex Junction or Burlington or something :p I've seen a few teggers around here. Funny thing though, I'm driving up to Lyndonville tomorrow for this weekend leadership thing I'm going to at Lyndon State College. It's in Caledonia. First time I get to take my car out for a long drive with just me. Hopefully she doesn't die on me lulz. The tranny is a bit funky but I think she'll hold. And on that note, I should get some rest. Gotta leave at like 9am tomorrow. Good night!

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
I attend LSC, actually. I have one more semester.

Boxy

I attend LSC, actually. I have one more semester.
Waiiiit really!? Damn if it were the school year we could meet up haha. Oh well. We get to stay in the senior apartment type dorms there at the Rita Bowl Complex. The rooms are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice for college dorms.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
Yeah RBC is in another timezone though but yeah they're not bad.. I live in the 'henge.

Boxy

Yeah RBC is in another timezone though but yeah they're not bad.. I live in the 'henge.
No idea what the 'henge is. But if I have some time tomorrow I'll check out the campus a little more. Anyways I really should sleep haha, I'll see ya later. Good luck with the rest of the body work! Hopefully this rain lets up and you can get some done over the weekend. Peace.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
7 or 8 rust spots ERADICATED! This is the passenger side rocker panel. The door is covered with filth from the blending wheel.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...

Picture of my "new" valve cover after first run after valve adjustment. My stepdad helped me with that; he did valve adjustments on M1s during the Persian Gulf War. I think I'm going to set a black finish to the heat shield later on. After a few more touch-ups on the body, as well as a repainting of the roof, I think I'm done for a while...

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
Alright it's been a while since I posted. Couple of changes since the valve cover. I bought new spark plug wires, I bought a new OEM replacement exhaust from Walker. My stepdad helped me do a valve adjustment. Cylinder 4 intake was at .005 which certainly explained the tap and 200 psi compression. We backed the exhaust valves up to .008 to give them a break. Hopefully they haven't burned yet. I repainted my roof.

It has these tiny pits for some reason, but otherwise I'm happy with it. I set the primer and paint; my mechanic did the clearcoat. In spite this, I'm happy with it, now that there is no evidence of the canoe marks. Not bad for $20, even though it's brighter than the rest of the car. I tried painting the last minute and got orange peel. I'm kind of at the end of my budget, so not much more beyond this point.
I still must address my oil loss issue. I still can't understand if it's burning or leaking. It only seems to leak when the engine is running, because I parked over a puddle and saw a rainbow stream coming from under the engine bay. I didn't think it was me at first, so I backed up and the stream moved with the car. It's not coming out in a continuous leak; it comes in drops every now and then. I can't seem to locate it. The only times I know it burns is if the oil is fairly hot and I let it sit at least 15 minutes before driving again. But the leaking is driving me insane. The bottom of the pan, not even near the plug, is always saturated.