The official Cascade Honda Crew thread.

dlo253

We will talk to Bryan on Sunday about his connect.
Fasho, and you should tell Jerod to get up on here lol.

so i have a question about cool air intakes and short ram intakes..and i really don't know the answer, i've tried to google it and all i get really is just things that say short ram intake basically just replaces the stock aintake but doesnt do much...and cool air intakes give more horse power..i was looking at buying a DC short ram intake but would that even be worth putting in a auto teg if it doesnt do anything? please explain
Honestly CAI and SRI don't do much on a stock engine. Whether it's auto or manual, other than make it sound cool lol.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
So even if I got cold air intake, because my engine is stock it wouldn't give me any horse power gain? I thought it did, but it was only like 5hp gain...

boosted18

BLACK ROGUE
so i have a question about cool air intakes and short ram intakes..and i really don't know the answer, i've tried to google it and all i get really is just things that say short ram intake basically just replaces the stock aintake but doesnt do much...and cool air intakes give more horse power..i was looking at buying a DC short ram intake but would that even be worth putting in a auto teg if it doesnt do anything? please explain
put it this way. your engine is hot and u can see the heat wave coming out k. short ram sucks up all that hot air an put it into ur motor. hot air hot motor less power. cold air intake takes air from outside the motor cold air and put it into motor less dense more power. put it this way take a straw cut it about a in go infront of a heater suck in and it will be hot air. now take a straw non cut an do the same. the longer straw will always have colder air. thats how i was tought. dlo will correct me if wrong lol

Seattleteggy

put it this way. your engine is hot and u can see the heat wave coming out k. short ram sucks up all that hot air an put it into ur motor. hot air hot motor less power. cold air intake takes air from outside the motor cold air and put it into motor less dense more power. put it this way take a straw cut it about a in go infront of a heater suck in and it will be hot air. now take a straw non cut an do the same. the longer straw will always have colder air. thats how i was tought. dlo will correct me if wrong lol
ok that make more sense now, thanks boosted

dlo253

Yeah that's a pretty good way to put it. Although the colder air is more dense actually. Other than that, you're spot on.. And Skid, there may be gains, but nothing to write home about. I know my CAI really comes alive at 4-5k though. And they sound badass lol.

this sunday @2pm owens beach in point defiance:)
Yup.. It's actually looking like we might get a nice day today, hopefully that means the weather guys wil be wrong about tomorrow. I really think extended forecasts should be banned lol, at least in WA. Too hard to predict.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Yup.. It's actually looking like we might get a nice day today, hopefully that means the weather guys wil be wrong about tomorrow. I really think extended forecasts should be banned lol, at least in WA. Too hard to predict.
For sure, the extended pretty much changes daily...but then again so does the daily forecast compared to the actual weather. Must be nice to have a job that you get paid even when your wrong all the time lol.

boosted18

BLACK ROGUE
Yeah that's a pretty good way to put it. Although the colder air is more dense actually. Other than that, you're spot on.. And Skid, there may be gains, but nothing to write home about. I know my CAI really comes alive at 4-5k though. And they sound badass lol.

lol my bad I thought less dense meant the other way around lol darn I didn't get it correct ha

boosted18

BLACK ROGUE
guy if you ever need a clutch get the yonaka clutch. best clutch ever doesn't slip grand an holds. ima do a review

dlo253

For sure, the extended pretty much changes daily...but then again so does the daily forecast compared to the actual weather. Must be nice to have a job that you get paid even when your wrong all the time lol.
Yeah seriously tho haha, bastards!

lol my bad I thought less dense meant the other way around lol darn I didn't get it correct ha
Haha all good bro, you were pretty close.
You like the Yonaka clutch huh? I've never had any experience with their parts, but a lot of people seem to like them. Probly one of the better budget brands. From what I hear people say anyways.

boosted18

BLACK ROGUE
Yeah seriously tho haha, bastards!

Haha all good bro, you were pretty close.
You like the Yonaka clutch huh? I've never had any experience with their parts, but a lot of people seem to like them. Probly one of the better budget brands. From what I hear people say anyways.
yup its a great clutch to have its stage 3 6 puck it kinda has that go no feel so u gotta rev a lil high to smooth it out but it grabs..

yayyy last day waiting