The Top Speed

david_328

well i tapped my 4th gear at about 125, and my max speed its about 140. its not about the speed, its about the adrenaline that your getting when u r speeding, when you are weaving trafic at 120+ MPH, the risk and the fact that you might get stop by a cop increses your adrenaline and thats good shit and of course you always want more speed, but hey it doesnt matter if ur a good driver, what u gotta b worried about is the other people and that something goes wrong with your car

Last edited:

DownShift96GSR

My 4th tops out at 125. But the point is, if you are not a good aware drver don't go speeding. See everybody in the media thinks that we import drivers are the worst drivers out there because we speed. But the thing is, its not me, who is on the freeway with his radio off, aware of his surroundings, weaving in and out of traffic at 120+ MPH, with his seat in an upright position, both hands on the steering wheel, checking all mirrors repeatedly, that is a bad driver. Its the person driving the mini van up ahead with the seat leaned back, one hand on the steering wheel, jamming to Elton John's greatest hits, not paying attention to whats going on around him and decides to change lanes before checking to see if there's an Integra or Civic hauling ass in the lane next to him, that hits us into the baracades killing him and everyone in his mini van and leaves us with the guilt for the rest of our lives because we were driving an import and were "street racing". Its the media that has screwed all of us over for the rest of our import lives. They say they are the victims, hell that, we are the victims.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

peter67

i have a 2000 ls integra and my needle gets burried everytime with no problem, and i have tvs xbox soundsystem kit 17inch mags, and this was before my mods in the engine,i still didnt try to top it out with the new mods

Maniac

Topped out my old RS at 140, only got it there once but I did, racing a civic HB with Nos. And I don't care what people say about street racing, driving fast etc....whatever. You only live once so live it up! if shit happens, you crash, then....shit happens! if you don't want to crash or get tickets/fines then don't drive fast, drive like the old people in their boats (cadillacs, lincolns, etc) I'm so sick of people bitching and moaning about people driving fast, get over it! there will ALWAYS be people that are going to want to drive fast. It is sad when you get an idiot 16 year old behind the wheel of his mom's maxima and kills a family on their way to church or whatever, so if you are going to race/drive fast, atleast make sure you can handle the car and make sure you have experience, but don't get me wrong shit can still happen like idiot driviers pulling out in front of you but there's not much you can do about that. that's my 2 cents, peace.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
Maniac said:
Topped out my old RS at 140, only got it there once but I did, racing a civic HB with Nos. And I don't care what people say about street racing, driving fast etc....whatever. You only live once so live it up! if shit happens, you crash, then....shit happens! if you don't want to crash or get tickets/fines then don't drive fast, drive like the old people in their boats (cadillacs, lincolns, etc) I'm so sick of people bitching and moaning about people driving fast, get over it! there will ALWAYS be people that are going to want to drive fast. It is sad when you get an idiot 16 year old behind the wheel of his mom's maxima and kills a family on their way to church or whatever, so if you are going to race/drive fast, atleast make sure you can handle the car and make sure you have experience, but don't get me wrong shit can still happen like idiot driviers pulling out in front of you but there's not much you can do about that. that's my 2 cents, peace.

yea you topped out at 140, in a RS....and i run in the 7's....lol you have to thing of something better than that kind of bull.

Maniac

I could care less if you believe me or not. If you can't do it, then I guess you can't drive.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
hehe yea...i dont believe you...so prove me wrong, how did you do it?

BoostedITR41

Maniac said:
I could care less if you believe me or not. If you can't do it, then I guess you can't drive.

how does reaching a top speed have to do with knowing how to drive? and how long did it take you to get to 140. I know there are endless stretches of straight roads in new england :roll:

Black_GS

Black94LS said:
Yo, i drive a 94 LS. Ive topped er off at like 120mph. Im wondering if it goes faster, is there a governor? I got er up to 120 and it was around 4500RPMs. It redlines at 6800. Wondering if it goes faster, what have you all topped your LS's out at?

Yeh when i first got my GS it was stock just intake and muffler..and was racing this GSR on the highway well he took off but i caught up he didnt wanna go after i max the car out cause he thought i was crazy or summin..but my LS motor stock went up to 240 km or around 130 -140 mph for you states peoples..it try it one day ur passenger wil start shitting...but never imm i doing that agian..everything moves so fast..but yeh bro around 240km or 130-140 mph...

Black94LS

Anti Rice, Yet anti JDM
Black_GS said:
Yeh when i first got my GS it was stock just intake and muffler..and was racing this GSR on the highway well he took off but i caught up he didnt wanna go after i max the car out cause he thought i was crazy or summin..but my LS motor stock went up to 240 km or around 130 -140 mph for you states peoples..it try it one day ur passenger wil start shitting...but never imm i doing that agian..everything moves so fast..but yeh bro around 240km or 130-140 mph...
I never drive it, bu my buddy with a type S always goes 130-140, not daily driving lol, but Out on the empty highways. Shit does fly.

dc2nr

Black94LS said:
I never drive it, bu my buddy with a type S always goes 130-140, not daily driving lol, but Out on the empty highways. Shit does fly.
135 in my crx si

155 in my GSR with supercharger installed, i have witnesses and a video :lol:

dc2nr

david_328 said:
Show us the video :lol:
if u wanna come over i sure can

i live in alabama, but ill prolly just make another one that i can put online thru a camcorder

i just have it on tape, but no av in for the pc, but i bs not, i did hit it on my tach.

its fun as hell tho, i feel rushed and great but scared as hell hoping i dont hit any objects in the road. also if the motor doesnt give, am i good on my oil lvl, hows my hair? oops wrong thread, anyways yea its some fun stuff, but i only pull stuff like that once every blue moon i just dont have the balls to do it everyday.

once i hit near 140 from 140+ feels like forever

*edit* since most of u dont know me, because i dont post here often but i just started to again, ima video my dyno run and my car and the top speed and maybe some tray sliding and other illegal stuff, i mean controlled situation stuff no where near traffic, maybe 1-2 passes down the strip 2.

anyways my car is a POS from the outside, but i pride myself in the motorwork.

B18Ch1ck

I'm 17 and I work at a racing parts shop. I sped all the time in my first car, a '96 Olds Cutlass Ciera. I'd be doing 95 on my way to my boyfriend's house all the time. But... speeding isn't such a big deal to me now that my boyfriend's license is suspended and I don't want to turn out like him. I did just buy a 5-speed GS-R and yes, I do plan on having fun, but I don't plan on topping it out unless it's at a legal venue. Besides, I work at a racing parts shop, I'm sure I could take my car to an event with my boss, whose car was in the newest Teckademics movie. But I'm glad that I realized that speeding isn't such a big deal before getting a single ticket or an accident. Besides, an Integra is way hotter for the cops than an Oldsmobile. Shit, in the Olds, I blew through speed traps right behind a Mustang (doing 65 in a 35 is not quite legal on a road with 1 lane in each direction) and they pulled over the 'Stang, not me in my Cutlass. But I learned from watching my boyfriend that speeding isn't worth the enjoyment. I mean, sure, speeding is great but not when you get a $525 ticket doing 82 in a 35. Not when you get a ticket doing 80 on a 55 MPH highway. Not when you get a ticket doing 35 in a 25 MPH school zone. I've just been lucky, but I don't plan on topping out my GS-R, so please tell me how fast that thing can go.